What you will do in your working day
uSports is a leading sports coaching company, dedicated to providing high-quality sports coaching to children across Reading and the surrounding areas. We are currently seeking a Level 4 Apprentice Sports Coach to join our team and help us deliver our mission of creating a love for sports and physical activity in young children. As you gain experience in the role and demonstrate the ability to lead larger groups of children, there will be opportunities to progress from a an Apprentice Sports Coach to a Senior Apprentice Sports Coach. These positions will come with an increase in pay. At uSports, we believe in investing in our team members and providing opportunities for career growth and development. We are committed to helping our apprentices achieve their full potential and become skilled sports coaches who can make a positive impact on the lives of young children.
We deliver sessions in a range of settings including: After School Clubs (Primary Schools) Lunchtime Clubs (Primary Schools) Nursery Classes Football Development Centres 1:1 Football Coaching Birthday Parties Holiday Camps.
Duties will include:
The training you will be getting
- You will design and deliver coaching programmes that focus on the acceleration of sustainable mastery of children's psychomotor skills and wider physical education standards
- Use appropriate enquiry and profiling techniques to create a learning and development curriculum that considers participants' unique needs, targets and/or goals, whilst building trust
- Profile development needs to set and monitor physical education targets and plans based on measurement of participants' cognitive, physical, social, emotional (whole child) attributes and psychomotor skills
What to expect at the end of your apprenticeship
- You will be working towards a Level 4 Sports Coach Apprenticeship Standard, provided through SCL Education
- The apprenticeship will take place within your working hours, at your place of employment and will include Functional Skills in maths and English at Level 2 if you do not currently have these or the equivalent
- The successful candidate will have the opportunity to progress onto a full-time sports coaching role within the company with further opportunities for progression within the business
Requirements and prospects Desired skills and personal qualities
Organisation skills, Initiative, Organisation skills, Physical fitness, Non judgemental, Patience, Team working Qualifications
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade C/4 ) Desired
GCSE or equivalent English Language (Grade C/4 ) Desired Things to consider
Candidates MUST have a full UK driving license and be willing to drive to various locations throughout Berkshire to carry out their duties.