What will the apprentice be doing?
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Familiarise themselves with and develop working knowledge of the relevant Group Project Standards, Guidelines and systems
- Support the Anglo American Estimating Lead on projects to analyse and benchmark the estimates as part of the review, verification and validation process
- Support the Lead in collection and analysis of project cost data through reports or project systems, focussing on trends and variances that may result in budget overruns
- Support the Lead in reviewing, summarising and assembling of Project timelines / schedules
- Work alongside and support a Planning Lead whilst participating in Interactive Planning Session (IPS) workshops
- Support the Lead in researching / summarising Project Risk Management (PRM) tools in the market to replace current Anglo American tools
- Work alongside and participate in Risk Identification / Management and Quantitative Risk Assessment (QRA) workshops
At the end of the apprenticeship, you will gain a Level 4 qualification in Project Management (APM PMQ). You will complete your studies online through BPP, and you'll be given one day per week to study throughout the duration of the course.What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Our apprenticeships are specifically designed to give candidates a broad holistic overview of our business areas and to provide them with transferable skills. We supplement the skills and behaviours taught as part of apprenticeship with other training, which includes having access to our inhouse training portal. We've seen from previous cohorts that around 80% of our candidates find a more senior role with us or at another organisation.
Requirements and prospects Desired skills and personal qualities
Organisation skills, Problem solving skills, Team working, Initiative, An understanding of MS Office, Display commitment to safety Qualifications
GCSE or equivalent 3 additional GCSEs in any subject (Grade 4 or above) Essential
GCSE or equivalent English and Maths (Grade 4 or above) Essential
A Level or equivalent 3 A Levels (Grade Pass) Desired