What will the apprentice be doing?
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Support portfolio management work undertaken by UK-based team, including through general administrative and project management related tasks
- Collect and consolidate inputs from Portolio Management team members, globally
- Support analyses as to relative ranking of assets and material resource allocation options and trade-offs across the entire Anglo American portfolio
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- At the end of the apprenticeship, you will gain a Level 4 qualification in Project Management (APM PMQ)
- You will complete your studies online through BPP, and you'll be given one day per week to study throughout the duration of the course
- Our apprenticeships are specifically designed to give candidates a broad holistic overview of our business areas and to provide them with transferable skills
- We supplement the skills and behaviours taught as part of apprenticeship with other training, which includes having access to our inhouse training portal. We've seen from previous cohorts that around 80% of our candidates find a more senior role with us or at another organisation
Requirements and prospects Desired skills and personal qualities
Communication skills, Organisation skills, Analytical skills, Team working, Initiative, An understanding of MS Office Qualifications
GCSE or equivalent 3 additional GCSEs in any subject (Grade 4 or above) Essential
GCSE or equivalent English and Maths (Grade 4 or above) Essential
A Level or equivalent 3 A Levels (Grade Pass) Desired