Job summaryBusiness Administrator Apprentice Corporate Nursing Services / Voluntary Services
Grade - Apprentice (Fixed Term, 15 months to include End Point Assessment)
Hours - 37.5 hours, 8:30 am - 4.30pm
Hello, we are Hull University Teaching Hospitals NHS Trust. We are an extraordinary place to undertake an award winning apprenticeship programme. We have helped many local people gain invaluable experience of working in the NHS today, along with a nationally recognised qualification. What is the role?
We are looking for remarkable candidates for our 15-month Business Administrator Apprenticeship (Level 3) programme, to provide efficient and effective administrative services to various teams across all sites. Applicants must be able to communicate effectively with staff and patients, and perform duties accurately including answering the telephone, data input, producing documents, filing and archiving. Who are we looking for?
The post will be demanding so we are looking for candidates who are ready for the challenge and share our values of care, honesty, and accountability. You will need to be able to demonstrate good communication and team working skills. Previous work experience in an office environment is desirable but not essential. Future Prospects
During your 15 month apprenticeship you will be gaining valuable, transferable administrative skills and experiences that will enable you to apply for further jobs/posts in both the NHS and other sectors.Main duties of the job
With a background in working with people the successful applicant will be supported to help deliver the following:
- Identify actions to keep the FFT work stream on track
- Support the coordination of the voluntary services
- Participate positively and promote continuous improvement by recommending changes that will improve results whilst retaining team spirit
- Engagement with key stakeholders to ensure service delivery and escalate where any key performance indicators may be going off-track
- Demonstrate a can do attitude to making a difference with excellent customer service skillsThis apprenticeship is initially fixed at 18 months and will include completion of the Level 3 Business Administrator Apprenticeship standard.
HUTH has two main sites: Hull Royal Infirmary and Castle Hill Hospital with an annual budget of approximately £500 million. The Trust employs around 11,000 staff and serves an extended population of 1.25 million, delivering a number of outpatient services from locations across the area, extending from Scarborough in North Yorkshire to Grimsby and Scunthorpe in North East and North Lincolnshire respectively
Our vision is Great Staff, Great Care, Great Future, as we believe that by developing an innovative, skilled and caring workforce, we can deliver great care to our patients and a great future for our employees, our Trust and our community.
We offer a range of benefits to support our staff including:
- Access to the NHS Pension Scheme, providing generous benefits upon retirement, as well as a lump sum and pension for dependants
- 27 days holiday rising to 33 days (depending on NHS Trust service)
- A variety of different types of paid and unpaid leave covering emergency and planned leave
- NHS Car Lease scheme and Cycle to Work scheme
- An extensive range of learning and development opportunities
- Discounts on restaurants, getaways, shopping, motoring, cinema and finance from a range of providers
For further information on the fantastic range of benefits we offer please visit the Trust's dedicated Staff Benefits pages.Date posted
22 September 2023Pay scheme
£10,296 a year Per annum Contract
18 monthsWorking pattern
Full-time Reference number
Castle Hill Hospital