Who are we?
Kerridge Commercial Systems (KCS) delivers and supports fully integrated business management software to small, medium and large merchants, distributors, wholesalers and manufacturing businesses. Our mission is simple: to design and deliver high performance, integrated ERP solutions that enable our customers to source effectively, stock efficiently, sell profitably and service competitively.
We employ over 1,150 people at offices in the UK, Ireland, Europe, South Africa, Australia and North America. We currently support over 30,000 customers and worldwide distributors at more than 50,000 locations. For more information on the company values and careers with KCS, take a look at our website here.
What will you be doing?
The Trade Support Analyst Apprentice is based within our UK office in Nottingham. Working within the Trade Support team (Customer Support), you will be learning about the software systems we design, sell, implement and manage, supporting our customers with a range of questions and queries, and helping to resolve any problems. You’ll use a variety of communication methods to liaise with customers, including telephone and email. By providing excellent customer support, you’ll ensure the questions are answered efficiently and effectively, and build on relationship between KCS and the customer.
You will be undertaking an apprenticeship programme in Customer Service Specialist Level 3, enabling you to study and learn on the job. You will have support from other Trade Support Analysts, team leaders and managers, and the wider KCS team.
Where/how will you be working?
The Trade Support Analyst Apprentice will be based in our UK Nottingham Office. Each office is well equipped, with kitchen facilities, close to shops and with free on-site parking. The role requires someone to work 08.00 to 16.30 or 09.30 to 18:00 with 1-hour lunch break. After your apprenticeship, you may be able to work 3 days per week in the office, and 2 days from home.
What will you be learning?
To allow you to develop and learn in the role, you will spend allocated time each week on the apprenticeship learning content. This could be delivered in a variety of ways, including face to face or online. You will have regular reviews with your line manager and apprenticeship tutor/coach, to ensure you are demonstrating the required knowledge, skills and behaviours for the role. For more information on the apprenticeship, please see the Institute of Apprenticeships page here. Alongside this, you will follow a structured development programme, focusing on the core skills of the role, such as communication, collaboration, team work, personal development, customer service, problem solving and driving change. You will also gain the technical know how of the software and systems our customers use, through courses and 1:1 support. Our apprentices go on to more senior roles in the team or wider business, enabling growth and progression both personally and professionally.
What will you be doing?
As a Junior Analyst your responsibilities will include but are not exclusive to:
- Deliver a first-class service to our customers
- Answer questions and troubleshoot issues quickly and efficiently.
- Provision of high-quality updates to customers on a regular basis.
- Correctly set the customers’ expectations.
- Deliver on promises
- Take personal responsibility for every case, ensuring a proactive approach to resolution is taken and ensure all parties are kept updated
- Proactive management of assigned cases
- Maintain excellent quality of cases with detailed notes
- Always display a positive and can-do attitude
- Identify solutions and preventative measures to improve the customer’s experience
- Ensure all cases are progressed in line with InspHire SLA/SLO’s.
- Team Working: Proactively share knowledge, help during times of leave/absence, and share service improvement opportunities.
- Be curious to change, evolve and develop in ways that help us better serve our customers.
Who we are looking for
- Actively looking to move into a customer/ software support role
- Microsoft Office skills
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Great problem solving skills
- Logical thinking
- Great people / team work skills
- Always display a “customer first" attitude
- Some IT skills with demonstrable experience
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment
- Consistently produce high quality and detailed work
- Commitment to the apprenticeship opportunity with aim to progress into a more senior role after completion
What we offer:
- Competitive salary, over apprenticeship minimum wage, reviewed during and after completion of apprenticeship
- 25 days annual leave and holiday buy back scheme
- Vitality healthcare & Employee Assistant Programme
- Talent Development programme
- Supported time for apprenticeship
- Career progression on completion of apprenticeship
- Paid volunteer time
KCS is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, colour, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires us to adjust the recruiting process please do advise us when contacted.
To all recruitment agencies: KCS does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our careers site or direct to KCS employee. KCS is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.