Razor is seeking a confident, forward-thinking Business Support Apprentice to join their growing team. Within this role you will be primarily responsible for the daily administrative tasks of the business, playing a vital role in day-to-day operations and performing tasks such as organising data, processing expenses and communicating with clients.
- Monday-Friday, shifts to be confirmed
- Total hours per week: 37.5 hours a week
What will the apprentice be doing?
- Manage administrative tasks including organising client data, scheduling meetings and increasing client bases.
- Assist in preparing reports, presentations, and documents for internal and external communications.
- Handle incoming calls, emails, and inquiries, directing them to the appropriate parties and providing exceptional customer service.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date records, databases, and filing systems.
- Process and manage company expenses and invoices.
- Collaborate with various aspects of the business to streamline processes and improve overall operational efficiency.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- You will achieve a level 3 business administration qualification upon successful completion of the apprenticeship.
- The apprenticeship will be delivered by Learning Curve Group via remote sessions every 4-6 weeks with your allocated trainer.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
There is potential to be offered a full-time position upon successful completion of the apprenticeship.
- Business administrator
- Level 3 (A level)
Desired skills and personal qualities
- Communication skills
- IT skills
- Attention to detail
- Organisation skills
- Customer care skills
- Good time management skills
- Good with Word and Excel
- Ability to multitask
- Prioritise tasks effectively
- Familiarity with bookkeeping
- GCSE or equivalent English (Grade 9-4) desirable
- GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 9-4) desirable
- Medical cover
- Employee rewards programme
- Flexible working hours
- Career Progression
- Commission pay
- Support with reference to qualifications and learning & development courses