Level 3 Information Communication Technician
Weekly Hours Worked: Monday – Friday 9am - 6pm
About the company:
DP Systems have been operating for 30 years and have an average client retention of 97%. Our business is centred around each of our customers providing them with seamless IT Support and Managed Services. As our customers get larger and our customer base increases, we are looking to key team members to help drive the business forward. We offer a work hard, play hard environment and a friendly, close-knit team.
Our accelerating growth means we are now renovating our brand-new bigger office in Loughton.
Brief job description:
Estio Training have an exciting new opportunity for an IT Support Apprentice with DP Systems, an IT Company based in Barking Essex but soon to be relocating to Loughton, Essex.
DP Systems are looking to hire an IT Support Apprentice to assist the support team with remote support, configuration of hardware, administration of software and assisting with logging and monitoring issues on the ticketing system. The role will include both IT based work and customer-facing work when issues are raised.
Your duties and responsibilities in this role will consist of:
- To work as part of the support team, providing telephone and remote support to our varied customer base.
- To build, configure and install computers/laptops & peripherals including tablet/mobile devices as required.
- To administer active directory, Office365 and various antivirus console systems.
- To monitor, configure internet routers and firewalls.
- Liaise with third party suppliers where necessary, logging tickets as required and acting as a central point of contact.
- Ticketing, monitoring, and tracking Incidents, requests, or problems, escalating where necessary to 2nd line and 3rd line.
- Provide clear, professional customer service & support to customers on the phone and remotely.
- Manage supplier and customer deliveries via couriers.
- Maintain in house stock room, deliveries, stock control.
- Maintain in house workshop, keeping place tidy, organised, and efficient.
5 GCSEs grades A*-C/9-4 or equivalent (including English Language and Maths)
- An avid and detailed interest in IT and computing from school or college.
- Hands on experience with Windows 7 Pro, Windows 10 and Windows Server (ideally)
- Hands on experience in both using and installing Microsoft Office and other programs.
- Hands on experience Active Directory, Local Users and Profiles.
- Understanding of how to use a Windows computer, copying, pasting, installing. programs and configuration of devices such as printers, scanners, cameras.
- Understanding of TCP/IP networking, routers, and IP switches.
- Hands on experience of Android devices and iOS devices (phones and tablets).
- Good experience with Chrome, Internet Explorer web browsers.
- Ability to install/upgrade components in desktop/laptops, knowledge of hard drives, memory, processors, and graphics cards.
- Highly motivated, flexible, and committed attitude toward service delivery.
- Drive, energy, and initiative.
- Willingness to learn and develop your technology skills.
- Confident communicator on the phone and on email (imperative).
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Punctual, presentable, smart & confident.
- Ability to prioritise and organise own workload to ensure that deadlines are adhered too.
- Ability to liaise with colleagues when appropriate.
- Ability to develop and sustain professional relationships with third parties.
- Ability to construct effective written communications, including letters and reports and emails.
- Willing to step up and work to the ethos of the company, representing the company.
The role offers a permanent role upon completion of the apprenticeship depending on performance.
Training to be provided:
Estio apprenticeship training programmes are delivered virtually by our fully qualified and industry experienced training team. Using their expert knowledge, we’ve purposefully built our programmes around the real-world use of modern technology, so that the skills we create can be directly applied in the workplace.
Throughout the apprenticeship learners receive coaching, help and guidance from a dedicated team who are there to ensure they get the most from their work experience.
Successful completion of this apprenticeship gives you an accredited Level 3 Information Communications Technician, with training in how to:
- Efficiently operate and control your ICT infrastructure – physical or virtual hardware, software, network services and data storage.
- Use infrastructure management tools to automate the provisioning, testing, deployment and monitoring of infrastructure components.
- Prioritise systems support tasks and monitor and maintaining system performance Maintain regulatory, legal and professional standards.
- Support the information systems needs for your business.