Level 4 Cyber Security Technologist
Weekly hours: 9am – 5pm (1 hour lunch) – 40 hours
About the company:
PalisadeSECURE is a Cyber Security company that has organisations at their heart.
Protecting your organisation is what Palisade does. They have a strong team of consultants and engineers to provide the highest level of care, quality and delivery of cyber security and infrastructure solutions.
Brief job description:
Estio Training have an exciting new opportunity for a Cyber Security Consultant Apprentice with PalisadeSECURE, a computer security service based near Southend.
PalisadeSECURE are ideally looking for someone who has some technical knowledge in the area of Networking and Security and is prepared to learn and work hard in a demanding environment. The company are highly respected with a number of Security Partners in the Cyber Security community. You will work alongside influential, exceptional technical people and achieve certifications and experience.
Full training and development provided.
Your duties and responsibilities in this role will consist of:
- 1st line support to an external customer base 24x7.
- Ownership and management of tickets, ability to escalate issues when required, troubleshooting, diagnosis and resolution of first line technical issues.
- Monitoring of customer networks in our Security Operations Centre.
- Liaison with internal and external stakeholders.
- Liaison with 3rd party suppliers, update documentation, call escalation.
- Ability to work well in a team environment.
- 5 GCSEs grades A*-C/9-4 or equivalent (including English Language and Maths)
Skills and Qualities Required:
- Good all-round technical knowledge of IT systems and networking.
- Good all-round technical knowledge of information security concepts and cyber threats.
- A passion for technology and cybersecurity.
- Proactive with an organised and methodical approach, operating with pace, enthusiasm and creativity.
- Highly motivated individual with the drive to learn and succeed.
The role offers long term security and the opportunity to progress into a permanent position.
Training to be provided:
Estio apprenticeship training programmes are delivered virtually by our fully qualified and industry experienced training team. Using their expert knowledge, we’ve purposefully built our programmes around the real-world use of modern technology, so that the skills we create can be directly applied in the workplace.
Throughout the apprenticeship learners receive coaching, help and guidance from a dedicated team who are there to ensure they get the most from their work experience.
Successful completion of this apprenticeship gives you an accredited Level 4 Cyber Security Technologist, with training in how to:
- Discover potential vulnerabilities, threats and hazards in your systems, services, and processes.
- Develop security designs and configure, deploy, and use appropriate cyber security technology to protect your business.
- Identify, analyse, and develop security cases to defend against potential threats.
- Write program code or scripts to meet a given design requirement that improves your cyber security.
- Understand latest attack techniques and recommend ways to defend against them.