Are you looking to kickstart a career in IT?
Optical Express are focused on delivering exceptional patient care, outstanding clinical outcomes and continued investment in their people and technology. Optical Express are Europe’s leading private provider of laser eye, premium intraocular lens and cataract surgery. They look after thousands of patients in their clinics every week.
The Optical Express team work together, collectively and consistently striving for excellence. They support each other, respect each other and are committed to a culture of care, trust and integrity. The culture extends to local communities, through their range of charitable and environmental projects.
Do you want to be part of a team that literally changes lives?
In return you'll have the opportunity to develop your career through ongoing training and development.
What will I be doing?
- Assess and respond to incidents logged according to customer and priority needs, while aiming to reach a resolution in agreement with relevant SLAs and maximise customer satisfaction
- Log all incoming calls, chats, web and emails to the service desk
- Ensure all information is accurately recorded in the service management tool ServiceNow
- Ensure that incidents/requests are assigned to the correct resolver Team
- Take ownership of logged incidents/requests, tracking the progress of all calls and follow-up with the customer to ensure that they are satisfied with the resolutions, ensuring the incident log is accurately updated at all stages
- Coordinate with Incident Management to ensure that service outages are correctly communicated to the business or affected users
- Plan and prioritise workload to ensure deadlines and targets are met while following processes to ensure that a high-quality service is provided to both internal and external customers
- Develop and maintain knowledge and skills and keep up to date with new processes, procedures and developments
What do I need to be successful?
- Passion for IT
- Enthusiasm to learn
- Proactive attitude
- Driving licence
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong work ethic
- Interest in problem solving
- Desire to build relationships within the Service Desk Team and the wider organisation
£20,000 per annum
40 hours per week, 9am – 5:30pm
- An industry leading salary plus excellent bonus potential
- State of the art, modern working environments
- 29 days annual leave
- Free laser eye surgery and intraocular lens surgery
- Free eye tests
- Discounted prescription eye wear and sunglasses
- Generous Optical Express friends and family discount scheme
- Ongoing training and development opportunities
- Pension scheme
- Perkbox subscription
90% of QA apprentices secure permanent employment after completing: this is 20% higher than the national average.
Throughout your apprenticeship you are supported by your skills coach and your account manager. They work with your line manager to ensure you settle in, help you develop all the skills you need to pass your assessments, and can provide one to one support.
At the end, as well as the valuable experience you have gained, you get a nationally recognised qualification.
Interested? Apply now!