Level 3 Digital Support Technician
Weekly Hours: Monday- Friday, 9-5.30
About the company:
MBA is a leading provider of marketing and communications in the UK. With over 35 years' experience in the direct marketing, CRM, and transactional communication industries. We take great pride in providing our clients with a variety of tailored solutions and cost-effective services that are proven to improve the quality of their customer communications, streamline processes, consolidate costs and ultimately, deliver a greater return on investment.
While the print and secure handling of our clients’ direct and transactional mail remains at the heart of our organisation, we continue to invest in-line with our clients’ needs, and developments in the marketplace, to provide multichannel solutions for all of our customer communications from a single source.
More information on MBA can be found at http://www.mba-group.com/
Brief job description:
Estio Training have an exciting new opportunity for an apprentice Junior Software Support Apprentice with MBA Group, a direct marketing, CRM, and transactional communication company based in London.
The Development team are responsible for creating and maintaining applications and systems that will deliver multichannel communications and reporting management information to our customers.
In this role you will understand and get experience within the Customer Communication Management Market. As a Junior Software Support Apprentice, you will be part of a team designing and delivering multichannel communication solutions for enterprise and marketing from consultancy through to production and delivery.
Working with tools like Java, C and Relational Databases, you'll gain the technical expertise and industry standard qualifications to launch your digital career.
We don't expect you to have used these tools before; we will give you all the support and training you need.
- Develop Workplace Potential.
We're looking for people who have:
- A passion for technology and all things digital.
- An interest in logic and numbers.
- A methodical mind and attention to detail.
- Great communicators who enjoy working, and learning, with others.
- A 'can-do' attitude, and willingness to learn.
In addition to this, you will receive continuous training on a range of Quadient Inspire products such as:
- Inspire Designer. Inspire Automation.
Your duties and responsibilities in this role will consist of:
- Data Processing tasks such as download, reformat, manipulate, cleanse, mail sort.
- Document composition for both transactional and direct mail campaigns.
- Produce proofs and live output to job specification and often working to tight timescales.
- Carry out sufficient quality checks to ensure output is accurate and error free.
- Liaising with various departments across the business, in particular Account Management and Production.
- Respond to any issues in a timely manner.
- Convert manually processed jobs into fully automated systems.
- Create automated management information/reporting.
5 GCSEs grades A*-C/9-4 or equivalent (including English Language and Maths)
- Technical competency.
- Problem solver.
- Analytical thinker.
- Eager to learn and add to their knowledge base and skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Well organised.
- Positive work ethic.
- Flexible and adaptable.
- Determination to succeed.
- Excellent team player.
- Conscientious and ambitious.
- Punctual and reliable.
The role offers long term security and the opportunity to progress into a permanent position.
Training to be provided:
Estio apprenticeship training programmes are delivered virtually by our fully qualified and industry experienced training team. Using their expert knowledge, we’ve purposefully built our programmes around the real-world use of modern technology, so that the skills we create can be directly applied in the workplace.
Throughout the apprenticeship learners receive coaching, help and guidance from a dedicated team who are there to ensure they get the most from their work experience.
Successful completion of this apprenticeship gives you an accredited Level 3 Digital Support Technician, with training in how to:
- Helpdesk Operations and Functions.
- Maintaining Digital Systems and Services.
- Fundamentals of Digital Systems.
- Administration of Digital Systems and Services.
- Change Management.
- Teamwork and Communications.
- Introduction to System Security.
- User and Stakeholder Training.
- Working in Digital Support.
- Data Operations and Security.
- Pathways and Career Progression.
- Databases & SQL foundations.
- SQL in practice.