We are a friendly and supportive team of administrators working in the very busy Oncology Department in Gloucestershire Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust.
You will be an integral part of the team, working alongside clinicians on a daily basis and supporting them to provide an excellent level of care to our patients.
This interesting and varied role will help you gain a variety of skills, undertaking various administrative tasks across the department; including clinic preparation in readiness for outpatient clinics and audio typing of clinic letters to various clinicians and patients.
Main duties of the job
The main duties include:
- To support the following admin duties on both hospital sites on a rotational basis:
- Taking / making telephone calls which will include dialogue with hospital colleagues and patients
- Accurate message taking and delivery to relevant personnel
- Prepping of on-line patient records
- Collecting/ordering and prepping of patient case-notes as required
- Producing clinic lists for clinicians
- Scanning of documents and on-line filing
- Processing incoming and outgoing correspondence
- Training in reception desk duties
- Audio typing of dictated letters and processing of actions within dictations
- Processing of voice recognition software for the purpose of clinic letters
- Taking minutes of meetings and distributing accordingly
- Archiving of health records and documents
- Attending and participating in team meetings
- Daily use of the in-house computer programmes; eg Trak and Infoflex
Gloucestershire Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust is the largest employer in the county and with over 8,000 staff, we are one of the largest NHS trusts in the UK. We offer a generous annual leave allowance, excellent bank rates, access to the excellent NHS Pension Scheme, discounts for local shops, restaurants and services, access to our health and well-being hub, access to our two on-site nurseries, flexible working options, discounted public transport, reward and recognition schemes, exercise and activity classes and membership to our popular hospital choir.
Our Trust values each and every one of our apprentices and offers continued support and guidance. Many apprentices have successfully completed and remained with our Trust in a variety of areas
22 September 2023
£10,324.31 a year per annum
Oncology Centre CGH