About the apprenticeship
• We are seeking an apprentice to develop their career in IT, working with our plant and IT teams to strengthen and support REHAU in our use of information technology. You will receive training and gain experience in the following areas of IT:
• Desktop support: Supporting colleagues with PC and mobile devices and associated peripherals.
Integration of Smart/IoT devices and services into our system landscape and troubleshooting issues.
• Designing security solutions for third parties requiring access to our systems and devices.
• • Supporting manufacturing and production related IT control systems.
• • Troubleshooting IT issues independently and within teams.
• Assisting colleagues in their use of IT solutions.
• • Designing Local Area Networks (switches, cabling, WLAN etc.).
• • Being part of project teams implementing new IT solutions.
• • IT administration.
The successful candidate will have:
• A GCSE in Maths at grade C/4 (or above) and have acquired at least 96 UCAS tariff points from Level 3 qualifications (including at least one qualification in Science, Maths, Computing or IT), or have at least 2 years relevant industrial experience.
• A passion for technology and how it can help our business grow.
• A desire to learn new skills and provide the best customer service they possibly can.
• An eye for detail and the ability to work systematically.
• Full driving licence, as occasional travel to the Runcorn area will be required.
• Enjoy working in international teams.
• Ability to work independently and on their own initiative.
• Excellent communication skills
A GCSE in Maths at grade C/4 (or above) and have acquired at least 96 UCAS tariff points from Level 3 qualifications (including at least one qualification in Science, Maths, Computing or IT), or have at least 2 years relevant industrial experience.
Welsh would be advantageous but not essential
Welsh Spoken Skills: Yes Welsh Written Skills: Yes
Grŵp Llandrillo Menai
Training provider course:
Grwp Llandrillo Menai
About the employer
Rehau Ltd, Tanygrisiau Trading Estate
Yes, we are part of the Disability Confident Scheme from the UK Department for Work and Pensions.
Please note that all apprenticeships are open to everyone. However, some organisations have worked to achieve Disability Confident accreditation. You should always apply for the apprenticeship you feel best suited to.
Interview in person with LM joining virtually