About the apprenticeship
• Work in line with policies and procedures set by the nursery.
• Promote and ensure child welfare, protection, health and safety, safeguarding procedures and policies are met.
• Provide personal care for children, provide healthy snacks and meal and promote physical movement.
• Provide a calm, happy, stimulating environment for children to play and learn.
• Plan, create and implement engaging activities, to encourage development toward milestones and evaluate activities.
• Be an effective key worker e.g. build relationships with children and their families, familiarise yourself with their individual personalities, plan for their individual stage of development through observations, assessments, one-page profiles, wellcom, play plans and daily diaries within targeted timescales.
• Work with colleagues to maintain a positive, respectful, happy and safe environment.
• Attend meetings with manager/room leader (supervision, appraisal, staff meeting and teaching observations).
• Attend training courses relevant to the job role.
• Maintain cleanliness and tidiness in the nursery.
• Communicate effectively, professionally and confidentially with parents daily.
• Maximise learning opportunities.
• Work with management to become familiar with evaluation of setting, targets and share relevant information.
• Support staff with decision making in the absence of management.
• Record keeping and daily policies and procedures of the baby room.
You will be given set study days to support the written work required for CPLD level 3.
You will also be given in house training in pediatric first aid, health and safety, food hygiene and safe guarding.
We are looking for an enthusiastic individual, who has a genuine passion for working with children. Do you love to sing, dance, play outside, get messy, read stories, bring wonder and curiosity to a child's world everyday whatever the weather?
GCSE or equivalent
Welsh Spoken Skills: No Welsh Written Skills: No
Training provider course:
CCPLD Level 3
About the employer
Once Upon a Time Nursery
Heol y Beddau
Rhondda Cynon Taf
Yes, we are part of the Disability Confident Scheme from the UK Department for Work and Pensions.
Please note that all apprenticeships are open to everyone. However, some organisations have worked to achieve Disability Confident accreditation. You should always apply for the apprenticeship you feel best suited to.
Interviews to be arranged at Once Upon a Time Nursery