About the apprenticeship
• Strict observation of health and safety regulations
• Industrial Cleaning & Labouring
• Cleaning Machine Operation
• Manual handling
• Water jetting
• Reporting incidents or near misses to the relevant parties.
Acorn Recruitment are currently recruiting for Apprentice Industrial Cleaning Operatives to support their Industrial Services Division at Port Talbot Steel Works. The roles are 12 month fixed term, with the opportunity for full time long term contract upon successful completion - which will become permanent for successful candidates. This is a great opportunity to start a career in the Steelworks with a genuine chance of progression and personal development.
All training, workwear and personal protective equipment will be provided.
Your qualification will be delivered across your 12 month fixed term contract, your visits will take the form of workshop delivery, question and answer, and observations of your day to day to build your portfolio. You will visit your assessor every 3 weeks to ensure timely completion.
Over the duration of your qualification you will be required to complete Essential Skills in Communication and Application of Numbers, exemptions apply.
Working hours from 40 hours a week with a starting rate of £9.71 p/h. Overtime payable after 8 hours Monday to Friday and all day on weekends. If you have the required experience and qualifications, and are looking to start ASAP, please apply with an up-to-date CV to PTSteelworks@acornpeople.com
• Experience of working in an industrial environment is not essential.
• A CCNSG Site Safety Passport (training can be assisted if required).
• A willingness to take a substance abuse test & medical examination.
• The right to live and work in the UK, specifically Wales for more than 51% of the time
• Must not currently hold a qualification in Facilities Management or Cleaning
• On successful completion of the qualification at Level 2, there will be an expectation that you continue your development onto a Level 3.
• You must be physically fit.
• A full UK Driver's License is desirable
Educated to GCSE level
Welsh Spoken Skills: No Welsh Written Skills: No
Gower College Swansea
Training provider course:
Facilities Management - Level 2
About the employer
TATA Steel Uk
Neath Port Talbot
No, we are not part of the Disability Confident Scheme from the UK Department for Work and Pensions.
Please note that all apprenticeships are open to everyone. However, some organisations have worked to achieve Disability Confident accreditation. You should always apply for the apprenticeship you feel best suited to.
Initial telephone interview, followed by a face-to-face meeting at Acorn Recruitment Limited, Unit 1, Ground Floor, Brunel Way, Baglan Energy Park, SA11 2FP