GLL is a not for profit charitable social enterprise committed to delivering a better quality of fitness and leisure, libraries and performing arts facilities for everyone. We're committed to providing access to quality community facilities - and more - at a price everyone can afford. We already manage over 258 facilities, and we're adding more all the time operating under our 'Better' brand.
Unlike many other brands, we are for everyone. Community is at the heart of everything we do, and we want to make sure that everyone can live a healthy and active lifestyle.
What's more, when you apply for a job at GLL, you can enjoy our range of employee benefits including:
- Pension schemes
- Discounted leisure centre and gym memberships
- Ride to work scheme
This is an apprenticeship role, so as well as spending time on the shop floor delivering sessions you will also be spending a considerable amount of time developing your skills and knowledge in all areas of sport which include:
- Professional Practice and Personal Development
- Getting people active
- Leading healthy lifestyles
- Support organisational services
- Planning and preparing sessions
- Working in the community
- Delivering sessions
- Workplace project
- Understanding the customer
We invest in our people as well as our facilities and we aim to upskill and progress people throughout their time with us. The right member of staff will be supported to complete their BG GAI and potentially BG coaching qualifications.
Your responsibilities will be:
- Deliver lessons that are safe, fun and progressive
- Deliver first-class customer service
- Deal with customer queries
- Complete necessary admin at front of house
- Reach out to the community to help promote our activities
- Complete registers and assessments of participants using GLL iPods
- Completing or assisting with equipment set ups
- Completing or assisting with warm ups and cool downs
- Assisting with the assessment process (award scheme and skills matrix)
- Providing parental feedback where required
At GLL, you will be working towards a Community Activator Coach Level 2 Apprenticeship Qualification over the course of 15 months.