The Business Services team is one of Buzzacott’s largest teams providing business support to a range of businesses and charities. The team provide the full complement of outsourced services including management accounting, VAT, payroll, company secretarial, HR consulting and regulatory reporting. The team has a training ethos with a focus on taking on apprentices who want to build a career in their chosen field.
Although we are a team of 9, collaborating with wider business provides the opportunity to build lasting relationships with colleagues across Buzzacott. We are looking for the right individual who wants to make a career out of this niche service we provide to clients.
As part of your career development, you will be supported through structured payroll specific training from an external provider, as well as learning from our team of specialists on a daily basis, ensuring you are well equipped with the knowledge to help advance you through your career.
Key aspects of the role include:
- Support the client payroll team with various administrative tasks including excel sheets/letters of engagement/money laundering and other tasks.
- To learn the basics of payroll processing with a view to eventually owning your own portfolio of clients.
- To understand the P11D benefits process and how it differs to payroll with a view to eventually processing benefit returns.
- To assist with pension tasks and liaise with the Financial Planning Team as and when necessary.
- Sense check payroll outputs and ensure procedures are adhered to.
- Study support will be provided for CIPP qualification, which is structured on a modular basis.
- Prior to undertaking CIPP qualification, you will be given the opportunity to attend Payroll courses to enable a basic understanding of payroll.
You are the right person for the role if you have:
- A minimum of 120 UCAS Tariff points from your top 3 A-levels, or equivalent.
- A minimum of Level 5 (B grade using the old system) in GCSE Maths and English Language, or equivalent.
- Willingness to study towards a recognised Payroll technician qualification (CIPP).
- Excellent interpersonal skills in order to interact professionally with internal and, later on, external clients.
This is a great opportunity for someone looking to start their career in this specialist field, with the support of the wider Business Services team, giving them exposure to many areas of the accounting world.