As an apprentice mortgage adviser working in the financial services sector, you will be helping support our clients to find the most suitable mortgage based on their specific requirements.
You will be assisting our established team, working with the clients’ best interests in mind, learning how to give appropriate advice and recommendations on the most suitable product for their needs.
The role will include but not limited to support the following duties:
- Completing an initial assessment of your clients’ needs and requirements (factfinding)
- Providing high quality independent advice and explaining the different types of mortgages available. Researching the market to confirm your recommendations. Explaining about and advising on a wide range of protection products Ensuring all regulatory documentation is completed accurately and in line with required timescales. Communication with colleagues within your own and supporting teams. Keeping your knowledge up to date with changes in the financial services market and products from our lenders
Starting salaries whilst training will be negotiable based on relevant qualifications and experience with a guarantee and structured salary and career path once you have completed your training.
Desired Skills / Personal Qualities
- Communication skills, IT skills, Attention to detail, Organisation skills, Customer care skills, Administrative skills, Number skills, Analytical skills, Logical, Team working, Creative, Initiative, Non-judgemental, Patience Enthusiastic Punctual
Must have good levels of maths and English (at least Grade C/4 (or equivalent)
This apprenticeship offers a clear route career in the mortgage advice sector or for potential progression into other Financial Services roles. Starting salaries whilst training will be negotiable based on relevant qualifications and experience with a guarantee and structured salary and career path once you have completed your training.
Training provider: Simply Academy
Training to be provided.
Level 3 Financial Services Mortgage Adviser apprenticeship standard.
The Mortgage Adviser apprenticeship is perfect for learners new to the world of mortgage advice looking to develop the knowledge and skills required to work within this specialised role, as well as obtaining a regulatory qualification.
Through job-based training and study towards a highly respected benchmark qualification, the apprentice will become a competent and confident mortgage adviser.
Key Learning Outcomes:
• A broad understanding of the financial services sector
• An understanding of the role of the appropriate regulatory bodies
• The importance of relationship building with clients and colleagues
• Understanding of processes and procedures relevant to the role
• How to develop commercial awareness
• Building skills and capabilities within an organisation
Certificate in Mortgage Advice and Practice (CeMAP1,2,3) – awarded by The London Institute of Banking and Finance (LIBF)
The Apprentice is assigned a dedicated experienced mentor to guide them through the programme. Regular scheduled interactions with the apprentice ensure they are developing the Knowledge, Skills and Behaviours required to become competent in the role.
To help prepare the apprentice for the CeMAP qualification, Apprentices are provided with Simply Academy’s CeMAP resource package, alongside a structured study plan supported by a series of live revision sessions with our CeMAP tutors.