Who you’ll be working for:
Computershare is a global leader in financial administration with over 14,000 employees around the world, serving over 25,000+ clients. If you are looking for an exciting and unique opportunity, Computershare are currently seeking an apprentice to join the team in their global technology hub based in the centre of Edinburgh.
You will be assigned a mentor who will focus on preparing you for a job as a self-sufficient Analyst through shadowing, training and increasing the your service knowledge. This is an excellent opportunity to work for an organisation who invest in talent and will provide full support whilst you work towards your SCQF L6 Digital Technologies in IT Support.
You will be responsible for:
- Respond to customer queries and requests via a number of methods including phone calls, live chat service, email and support tickets
- Provide First Contact Resolution (FCR) through troubleshooting whenever possible using the knowledge base and other tools at your disposal
- Contribute to the team’s Continual Service Improvement objectives; identify repeat incidents and highlight potential process improvements
- Complete user access requests, software installs and local hardware requests
- Ensure that all procedures and documentation are kept current, and that any amendments are communicated to the team
You will need the following skills:
- Professional and courteous telephone manner
- Willingness to work flexible hours / shifts
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Experience of working in a team
- Able to learn new technologies and work in a technical environment
- Able to follow set processes and procedures and highlight potential improvements
- Understanding of Microsoft
- We are looking for someone with a growth mindset who is looking to develop their career and grow with the business by presenting new ideas and leading on their implementation
£19,000 per annum, increasing to £26,000 per annum once completed apprenticeship
35 hours per week. Initially you will start working on a 8 hour shift pattern starting anywhere between 8am - 2pm Monday to Friday. You may move onto shift work which will include 12 hour shifts day and night in blocks of 4/5 days.
- Mentoring scheme throughout apprenticeship
- Luxury office space based in the centre of Edinburgh
- Mental health awareness benefits
- Track record of taking on over 50 apprentices within service desk
With Computershare your further career development is vital. Global Tech Support’s Internal development program provides you with pathways into roles such as Application Support, Software Development, IT Security and many more.
Throughout your apprenticeship you are supported by your skills coach and your account manager. They work with your line manager to ensure you settle in, help you develop all the skills you need to pass your assessments, and can provide one to one support.
At the end, as well as the valuable experience you have gained, you get a nationally recognised qualification.
Interested? Apply now!