The Financial Reporting Council (FRC)’s mission is to serve the public interest by setting high standards of corporate governance, reporting and audit and holding to account those responsible for delivering them. The FRC is the UK Competent Authority for audit.
The Economics, Strategy and Analytics Team provides market intelligence, data analysis, economic advice, and research to support the development and delivery of the FRC’s strategy.
There is an exciting opportunity to join the team as a Data Analyst Apprentice to help grow the use of data analysis, improve its application, and build understanding across the FRC in how data can inform strategy development and delivery. You will also support effective strategy development and delivery by completing ad hoc data analyses as required.
This is a full-time role, which will include release for training and assessment.
The role is based in the FRC’s Central London Office. The post holder can also work flexibly to support the team’s activities and will provide cover within the FRC as necessary.
- Collecting, compiling, and presenting data from different sources to, for example, identify trends, or to inform and support the effectiveness of strategy delivery relating to the regulation of accountancy, audit, and actuarial work
- Ad hoc analyses to inform project work and the development of new delivery strategies
- Using viable, cost-effective data solutions and data sources, including assessing the effectiveness of existing sources and seeking new providers where necessary
- Engagement with teams across the FRC to maximise the effectiveness of data, effective commissioning of analyses, and understanding how data can best support them
- Providing a service that meets the data requirements of internal stakeholders
- Scoping/managing/undertaking data projects as required
- Ensuring that data are managed safely, securely, to the required standards and policies, and to best advantage in supporting the work of the FRC
What we are looking for:
- Analytical approach to work
- Excellent written and communication skills
- High level of attention to detail
- Ability to communicate effectively with other team members, internal and external stakeholders
- Basic understanding of core Microsoft Office applications (Teams, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint and Word)
- Has a computer science related qualification and/or experience
- Knowledge of SQL, relational databases and PowerBI
- Have a valid passport/birth certificate/residence permit AND NI number, AND
- Have lived in the UK and/or EU for 3 years prior to apprenticeship start date, AND
- Not be undertaking another apprenticeship at the same time
- Level 3 qualification (apprenticeship/A-levels/BTEC, etc)
- OR equivalent work experience (typically two years in a relevant role)
- 5 GCSEs, including English and Maths at Grade 4 (C) or above
- Experience with using Excel and Microsoft products (or similar)
You may also have a combination of qualifications and experience which demonstrate the minimum foundation needed for the programme. In this instance you could still be considered for the programme.
If you hold international equivalents of the above qualifications, at the time of your application you must be able to provide an official document that states how your international qualifications compare to the UK qualifications.
For more information, please visit the UK ENIC website.
£23,634 per annum.
Rewards and benefits:
- The FRC offers competitive remuneration packages with generous benefits
- Discretionary annual bonus
- 30 days annual leave, plus ability to buy extra leave
- The FRC has a strong work / life balance ethos
90% of QA Apprentices secure permanent employment after finishing their apprenticeship.
Additionally, there may be opportunities to undertake further apprenticeship training as many of our programs offer on-going development tracks.
Our apprenticeships are the perfect way to gain new skills, earn while you learn, and launch yourself into an exciting future. With over 30,000 successful apprenticeship graduates, we're a top 50 training provider, dedicated to helping you succeed.
In order to apply:
Please upload your CV and a cover letter, as this is a necessary requirement.