Level 3 Information Communications Technician
Weekly Hours Worked - 8am–5 pm – Monday - Friday
About the company:
Resman IT is experiencing sustained growth.
Our success can be attributed to having people with the right skills and attitude delivering a superior service to our clients, and we are currently looking to strengthen our team.
The role is well suited to a motivated individual who wishes to grow personally and professionally within a technical team who have a long-established record in outsourced IT.
Resman IT is based in Mossley Hill, South Liverpool, where staff enjoy free parking, nearby train station, gym, shops and restaurants. We have a diverse client base in areas of law, professional services, manufacturing, NHS, education and charities, and ranging from a few users to hundreds of users. We specialise in hosted solutions for multi-site businesses.
Brief job description:
Estio Training have an exciting new opportunity for an IT 1st Line Support Apprentice with Resman, an IT support and services company based in Liverpool.
The role is perfect for an aspiring IT 1st Line Support Apprentice looking to establish themselves in the industry, dealing with desktop, MS 365 and network issues.
With our help and support, you’ll quickly grown to be able to interpret problems, identify issues and find resolutions across a defined range of technologies whilst maintaining excellent rapport with clients, giving confidence to those clients, and always representing the company well.
You’ll be working regularly with technical colleagues giving you the opportunity to learn, grow and develop. We will also support you, provide industry recognised training and certifications.
Your duties and responsibilities in this role will consist of:
- Help us maintain the client systems that we support by well-planned and professional remote management of system updates, patching, and backup alerts.
- Manage Microsoft licensing and user accounts.
- Manage device security.
- Represent the friendly, professional face of the company by phone and online.
- Always maintain the highest personal and professional standards.
- Work as part of a team to identify and resolve clients’ IT issues.
- Keep timely records of tickets, task, and solutions via our Autotask system.
- Document the work that you do so that colleagues can provide ongoing support.
- 5 GCSEs grades A*-C/9-4 or equivalent (including English Language and Maths)
- Great attitude to customer service.
- A willingness to learn.
- Able to operate in a structured manner – maintaining policies and best practice, working to checklists.
- An interest and aptitude for technology.
- Good time keeping and attendance.
Have worked with:
- Windows 10, 11.
- Microsoft 365 suite.
- Anti-virus products.
- Backup solutions, Basic networking.
- Can-do outlook and the ability to build rapport with clients and colleagues.
- Strong communication skills.
- Excellent time management and prioritisation skills.
- Desire to learn a range of desktop and cloud technologies.
- Passion for technology and a commitment to learning.
The role offers long term security and the opportunity to progress into a permanent position.
Training to be provided:
Estio apprenticeship training programmes are delivered virtually by our fully qualified and industry experienced training team. Using their expert knowledge, we’ve purposefully built our programmes around the real-world use of modern technology, so that the skills we create can be directly applied in the workplace.
Throughout the apprenticeship learners receive coaching, help and guidance from a dedicated team who are there to ensure they get the most from their work experience.
Successful completion of this apprenticeship gives you an accredited Level 3 Information Communications Technician, with training in how to:
- Efficiently operate and control your ICT infrastructure – physical or virtual hardware, software, network services and data storage.
- Use infrastructure management tools to automate the provisioning, testing, deployment and monitoring of infrastructure components.
- Prioritise systems support tasks and monitor and maintaining system performance.
- Maintain regulatory, legal, and professional standards.
- Support the information systems needs for your business.