Jackson Boyd are a leading Scottish litigation firm who have an on-going ambition to expand their business. To maintain their excellent customer service levels, they currently have an exciting opportunity for a Claims Administration Apprentice to join the team!
They are looking for committed and passionate individuals to deliver exceptional administrative and call handling support to clients. You will be working alongside lawyers and supporting them with various administrative functions. You will be working for an organisation that is really keen to develop young people, with over 60 apprentices having joined the business historically. They provide effective claims handling legal service for motor insurers, legal expenses insurers, insurance brokers and individual clients.
Jackson Boyd is based in a modern office accommodation in the city centre of Glasgow. They provide regular internal training for their staff, flexible working opportunities and operate a “dress for your day” policy.
What does a typical day look like?
- Helping resolve client queries via telephone
- Live chat support
- Responding to client emails via Outlook
- Obtaining detailed and accurate statements and logging on system
- Sending email confirmation to our business partners
- General administrative duties
- Full training will be provided
Skills and qualities:
- Excellent communication skills both verbally and written
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent customer service skills
- Demonstrable commitment to exceeding expectations and goals
- A passion for doing a quality job that will leave a lasting impression with clients
- Personal commitment to teamwork, integrity and success
- Operate a "dress for your day" policy
- Continuous internal training opportunities
- Increased pay as you progress throughout your apprenticeship
Minimum Nat 5 Grade C in Maths and English.
Starting at £12,500 per annum, increasing after 3 months to £14,000 upon completion of probation and then £15,500 once your apprenticeship has been completed.
35 hours per week, rotational shift 9am – 5pm, 10am – 6pm or 12pm to 8pm
Opportunity of full-time permanent role, and salary to be discussed after you have successfully completed the apprenticeship.
Throughout your apprenticeship you are supported by your skills coach and your account manager. They work with your line manager to ensure you settle in, help you develop all the skills you need to pass your assessments, and can provide one to one support.
At the end, as well as the valuable experience you have gained, you get a nationally recognised qualification.
Interested? Apply now!