Level 4 Network Engineer
Weekly Hours Worked: 38 Hours per week
About the company:
We are IPEX, empowering businesses with seamless, fast and reliable telecommunications solutions. Combining major telecoms experience with a dynamic, personal approach, we’re ready to create the perfect solution to drive your business forward, using our 45 years’ experience in communications, sales and leadership.
Brief job description:
Estio Training have an exciting new opportunity for a Network Engineer Apprentice with IP Exchange, a based in Altrincham, Greater Manchester.
As an established telecoms provider, we are looking for a Technical Support Engineer Apprentice to join our team. The successful candidate will be responsible for providing technical support to customers, troubleshooting, and resolving technical issues, and assisting in the development of new products. The ideal candidate will have excellent communication skills, the enthusiasm and self-motivation to learn new skills, the ability to work independently as well as in a team environment.
Your duties and responsibilities in this role will consist of:
- Providing technical support to our Service team, Troubleshoot customer issues in a timely manner.
- Assisting with 1st, 2nd and 3rd line issues, including but not limited to: IT Support, Mobile, hosted & connectivity enquiries, always adhering to company SLAs.
- Provide accurate and timely resolutions to customer inquiries.
- Assisting the operations teams, provisioning and installing new systems.
- Carrying out site surveys, general site maintenance and carrying out technical health checks for customers. Assist with the onboarding of new customers when required; focussing on the technical aspects including but not limited to provisioning of new phone systems, number porting, system training, creating, and delivering training guides and videos with new starters.
- IT Support: including but not limited to - configuring firewalls, setting up virtual private networks (VPNs) and other upgrades and security development.
- Hardware and software support for end-users.
- Install new hardware, operating systems, and software programs.
- Monitoring and maintaining computer systems.
- Liaising with Suppliers as and when required to assist in resolving customer issues, carrying out relevant testing as per their recommendations.
- Maintain customer records and update them as needed.
- Identify and escalate issues to the appropriate personnel.
- Monitor customer feedback and provide solutions to improve customer experience.
- Keep up to date with new technologies and products.
- Full training and support will be given.
- The suitable candidate will need to show enthusiasm to learn, be able to use their own initiative.
5 GCSEs grades A*-C/9-4 or equivalent (including English Language and Maths)
- Excellent communication skills & a ‘can do’ attitude.
- Ability to handle customers queries with empathy and tact.
- Work well in a team and happy to listen to guidance from others.
- Self-motivated to be able to work when left alone.
- Good time keeping and workload management.
- Excellent problem-solving skill.
- See problems through to the end via taking ownership of them.
The role offers a permanent role upon completion of the apprenticeship depending on performance.
Training to be provided:
Estio apprenticeship training programmes are delivered virtually by our fully qualified and industry experienced training team. Using their expert knowledge, we’ve purposefully built our programmes around the real-world use of modern technology, so that the skills we create can be directly applied in the workplace.
Throughout the apprenticeship learners receive coaching, help and guidance from a dedicated team who are there to ensure they get the most from their work experience.
Successful completion of this apprenticeship gives you an accredited Level 4 Network Engineer, with training in how to:
- Install, configure and test network components, including optimisation and maintenance.
- Investigate, identify and resolve technical performance issues in networks.
- Apply the appropriate tools and techniques when securely operating and testing Networks.
- Acquire and analyse network performance data to monitor network activity.