We are a friendly, professional team that believe in delivering a great client service. We provide the full range of accountancy services to our clients, thus giving them the total peace of mind that their accounts are being looked after correctly, allowing them to concentrate on their business.
You will be exposed to a wide variety of duties including reconciliations, bookkeeping, tax, VAT and learning to use various accountancy software aswell as completing a level 3 aat in the derby hub at ema training!
What will the apprentice be doing?
Reporting to your manager, your typical roles will include, but are not necessarily limited to the following:
- Bookkeeping for clients
- Assisting clients with bookkeeping queries
- Helping with creating management accounts and discussing with clients
- Calculating & submitting VAT returns
- Preparation of accounts for sole traders and limited companies
- Processing regular payroll for clients
- Communicating with HMRC to deal with client queries
- Understanding and identifying different cost classifications (e.g. expenses & capital expenditure)
- Creating and maintaining a range of accounting spreadsheets using Microsoft excel
- General finance admin tasks as and when required
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- The Level 3 Assistant Accountant apprenticeship standard includes 6 AAT exams, in addition to the Synoptic Assessment as part of the End-Point Assessment (EPA) process.
- The knowledge units will be delivered at the EMA training hub in Derby or Nottingham (depending on apprentices’ location) through day release.
- Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm. Breaks to be confirmed.
- Total hours per week: 37.5 hours a week
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- The opportunity to progress onto a Level 4 accountancy course upon completion of the Level 3 course
What are they looking for?
- GCSE or equivalent 5 GCSE's including Maths and English (Grade C/4) essential
- Communication skills
- IT skills
- Attention to detail
- Organisation skills
- Customer care skills
- Problem solving skills
- Administrative skills
Looking to kick-start your journey to become a qualified accountant apply today!