With over 20 years of industry experience, we are a well established and trusted technology partner to a wide range of organisations. Alka IT Services, based in Borrowash but soon to be moving to Spondon Derby, offers IT support services across a variety of businesses. From hosted services, cloud and hardware to telephony, they pride themselves on excellent customer service.
What will the apprentice be doing?
- 1st line support through the IT helpdesk
- Diagnosing IT issues with customers using remote access tools
- Setting up and configuring hardware
- Using administration skills to log ticket updates accordingly
- Providing exceptional customer service
- Assist in network infrastructure - setting up new domains, configurations and installs
- Migrating servers onto the cloud, with the support of the IT team
- PC repairs and fault finds
- Opportunity to offer IT support on client sites
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
The Apprentice will be studying the Network Engineer Level 4 Apprenticeship standard. Apprenticeship training will be delivered in a state-of-the-art classroom environment, from the EMA Digital Hub on Siddals Road, Derby.
The qualification has core knowledge elements, which are as follows:
- Introduction to Networks
- Switching, Routing and Wireless Essentials
- Enterprise Networking, Security and Automation
- Microsoft Azure Fundamentals
- Microsoft Azure Administrator
- Salary up to £16,000 depending on experience
- Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm
- Total hours per week: 37.5 hours a week
Desired skills and personal qualities
- IT skills
- Attention to detail
- Organisation skills
- Customer care skills
- Problem solving skills
- Administrative skills
- Analytical skills
- Team working
- GCSE or equivalent 5 GCSE's including Maths and English (Grade C/4) is essential
Apply today if you want to kickstart your career!