Are you looking to secure a career in IT studying through an Information Communications Technician level 3 apprenticeship? Are you a problem solver and have a keen eye for detail?
Based in Derby, East Midlands, Xuper have approximately 40 direct employees in the UK. We provide both Local and International IT Support to many Globally recognised organisations. Our office-based Service Desk Engineers and Field Engineers support our customers 24 hours a day, 7 days a week and work closely with a network of partners to support our valued Customers.
What will the apprentice be doing?
- Acting as 1st Line Support Technician on the Service Desk
- Working as part of the larger service desk team to complete tasks
- Answering the phone to customers
- Logging calls into Service Desk Ticket System
- Looking at Resolving 1st Line Queries
- Providing remote access support through using TeamViewer etc
- Assisting with network faults; LAN, WAN, VPN’s
- Migrating Office 365 to the cloud
- Updating company database
- Providing server maintenance and support to external/internal clients/colleagues
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Level 3 Information Communications Technician Apprenticeship Standard
- Apprenticeship training will be delivered in a classroom environment, from the EMA Derby Hub on Siddals Road, Derby.
- You will have access to modern, high performance machines, in addition to having the opportunity to explore computer hardware with expert tutors and instructors
- Salary up to £14,000 depending on experience
- Monday - Friday, 9.00am - 5.00pm
- Total hours per week: 37.5 hours a week What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- The opportunity to progress into a full-time IT 1st Line Support role upon completion of the apprenticeship
- The potential to progress onto an IT level 4 apprenticeship upon completion of level 3
- Desired skills and personal qualities
- Communication skills
- IT skills
- Attention to detail
- Organisation skills
- Customer care skills
- Problem solving skills
- Administrative skills
- Number skills
- Analytical skills
- Team working
- GCSE or equivalent 5 GCSE's including Maths and English (Grade C/4) is essential
Take your passion for IT and Tech into a career - APPLY TODAY!