What you will do in your working day
The training you will be getting
- Your role will be focused on Software Engineering in Malvern, Worcestershire.
- You will be given 20% of your working week to cover University commitments as you work towards a degree.
- You will undertake a variety of tasks across the whole of the software lifecycle, ensuring technical solutions meet business and customer requirements.
- We have many interesting and sometimes cutting edge domains in which you will work alongside domain experts.
- You will have the opportunity to work in Hybrid manner (Office / Home working) although may be dependent on the project you are allocated too.
- You may be asked to travel to other QinetiQ sites / Customer sites to support training, meetings or trials.
- You'll be trained in a wide range of programming tools, methods and techniques, allowing you to add value to your organisation straight away.
- The apprenticeship will help you develop the practical skills and theoretical knowledge you need for a career in the IT sector.
- The course covers applied competence in the application of IT, promotes business awareness and delivers understanding of the issues central to IT organisations.
You will be awarded a BSc in Digital and Technology Solutions
The academic elements of the apprenticeship are delivered by the University on a block release basis. When the succesful candidate is not attending University they will be embedding their learning on the job.What to expect at the end of your apprenticeship
The successful candidate will have an individual development plan in line with their career aspirations.
Requirements and prospects Desired skills and personal qualities
Communication skills, IT skills, Attention to detail, Organisation skills, Customer care skills, Problem solving skills, Administrative skills, Number skills, Analytical skills, Logical, Team working Qualifications
GCSE or equivalent 1 other GCSE Subject (Grade 4 - 9) Essential
GCSE or equivalent English Language (Grade 4 - 9) Essential
GCSE or equivalent IT (Grade 4 - 9) Essential
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4 - 9) Essential
GCSE or equivalent Science based subject (Grade 4 - 9) Essential
A Level or equivalent 1 other Subject (Grade Minimum of C grade) Essential
A Level or equivalent Maths (Grade Minimum of C grade) Essential
A Level or equivalent STEM Subject (Grade Minimum of C grade) Essential