About the apprenticeship
1. Developing an extensive knowledge of the product ranges we supply to our trade and retail customers. Time will be spent in all areas of the branch, yard, trade counter, admin, sales, transport to assist with this.
2. Providing sales support to the branch sales team whilst developing a knowledge of market pricing.
3. Performing pro- active sales calls to generate additional revenues for the business.
5. Stock management
6. General office duties to develop knowledge of every aspect of the running of the business.
Branch sales apprentice required for our new builder's merchant in Carmarthen “All Trades Supplies”.
The team believe that it's “All about the people” therefore we are looking to build a stable, happy, long-term team to help grow the company. We have an experienced team in place who will offer the perfect environment for someone to develop their career within a fast-paced sales environment.
The role is permanent and full time, with the option of day release to college to study a business management or a similar course. The position would report directly to the Commercial Director, with the support of our experienced general manager, ABM and specialist sales team.
The position is based on site in Carmarthen - The Old Tin Works, Priory Street, Carmarthen which has recently undergone a large transformation to deliver a fantastic facility for our customers to shop at.
It's not necessary to be bilingual, though we do have Welsh and English speakers and encourage the use of the Welsh language.
We will value and prioritise the health and happiness of our team and have a zero-tolerance policy on any form of discrimination. This ensures that there is a positive, supportive culture in the company and with customers.
1. A keen interest in working with numbers and high attention to detail.
2. Ability to adapt to computer systems.
3. Ability to work as part of a team and independently once training is provided.
4. Ability to manage own workload once trained in the role with regular reporting to the Directors.
5. A confident personality with good telephone manner and people skills.
6. Driven to hit targets.
7. An understanding of the construction industry would be advantageous.
8. A good sense of humour and enjoyment of teamwork is a must.
If you think the above is you and have the desire to join a new business and be an integral part of its future growth then apply today.
Only qualifications deemed essential to the apprenticeship programme
Welsh Spoken Skills: No Welsh Written Skills: No
Gower College Swansea
Training provider course:
About the employer
All Trades Supplies
The Old Tin Works
Yes, we are part of the Disability Confident Scheme from the UK Department for Work and Pensions.
Please note that all apprenticeships are open to everyone. However, some organisations have worked to achieve Disability Confident accreditation. You should always apply for the apprenticeship you feel best suited to.
Interviews will be arranged by the employer.