About the apprenticeship
1. Answering the incoming accounts phone lines
2. Providing support to the experienced staff with basic credit control
4. Data entry on the companies accounts software
5. Handling mail
6. General office duties to support the accounts and sales team
Accounts and admin apprentice required for our new builder's merchant in Carmarthen “All Trades Supplies”.
The team believe that it's “All about the people” therefore we are looking to build a stable, happy, long-term team to help grow the company. We have an experienced team in place and are looking for apprentices to join us with plenty of room to develop their careers as the business grows.
The role is permanent and full time, with the option of day release to college to study AAT (Accounting Technician) or a similar course. The position would report directly to the Commercial Director, with the support of our experienced admin and accounts assistant. However, the company's Finance Director would also be available to support with some training and development needs.
The position is based on site in Carmarthen - The Old Tin Works, Priory Street, Carmarthen which has recently undergone a large transformation to deliver a fantastic facility for our customers to shop at.
It's not necessary to be bilingual, though we do have Welsh and English speakers and encourage the use of the Welsh language.
We will value and prioritise the health and happiness of our team and have a zero-tolerance policy on any form of discrimination. This ensures that there is a positive, supportive culture in the company and with customers.
Only apply if you are over 18.
Our ideal candidate would have some or all the following. Do not be put off applying if you do not have all of these - we look at candidates as individuals not tick boxes
1. A keen interest in working with numbers and high attention to detail
2. Ability to adapt to computer systems
3. Ability to work as part of a team and independently once training is provided
4. Ability to manage own workload once trained in the role with regular reporting to the Directors
5. A confident personality with good telephone manner and people skills
6. Enjoyment of supporting the sales team to attain the company's targets
7. An understanding of the construction industry would be advantageous
8. A good sense of humour and enjoyment of teamwork is a must.
If you think the above is you and have the desire to join a new business and be an integral part of its future growth then apply today.
Only qualifications deemed essential to the apprenticeship programme
Welsh Spoken Skills: No Welsh Written Skills: No
Gower College Swansea
Training provider course:
About the employer
All Trades Supplies
The Old Tin Works
Yes, we are part of the Disability Confident Scheme from the UK Department for Work and Pensions.
Please note that all apprenticeships are open to everyone. However, some organisations have worked to achieve Disability Confident accreditation. You should always apply for the apprenticeship you feel best suited to.
Interviews will be arranged by the employer