Level 3 Information Communication Technician
Weekly Hours Worked - 37.5 hours per week
Founded in 1987 to work with recruitment professionals, MatchMaker Software has over 35 years experience of developing industry leading recruitment software applications dedicated to your business. Based in the UK, we have worked with recruitment businesses of all shapes and sizes and our MatchMaker software has been installed throughout the UK, in inforEurope, North America and Australasia.
Today MatchMaker and Epsilon are trusted brands that continue to evolve using the latest technologies and innovation from our team of experienced technical and recruitment specialists.
Estio Training have an exciting new opportunity for an IT Support Apprentice with MatchMaker Software, an IT Services company based in the West Midlands.
Job Description & Responsibilities:
Your responsibilities would include:
- To provide a prompt and efficient 2nd & 1st line telephone support service to customers for software developed by the company, meeting agreed service levels and ensuring a high level of customer satisfaction.
- To install and configure application and server software.
- To undertake targeted projects, meeting both internal and external deadlines, quality test and document.
- Maintaining/updating internal support notes.
- To monitor and manage technical issues.
- Providing in-depth analysis into problems where specialist knowledge is required.
- 5 GCSEs grades A*-C/9-4 or equivalent (including English Language and Maths)
- Excellent telephone manner, great communication skills and first-class customer service skills.
- Enthusiasm to learn and the potential to grow with the company.
- A technical mindset with the ability to quickly grasp new concepts.
- Basic understanding of PC hardware and headset set-up and configuration.
- Basic understanding of networking, IP addressing and VPNs.
- Strong Customer Service, Communication and Analytical skills.
- A passion for Technology.
- A desire to learn.
- Ability to cope under pressure.
- Confident with conversing with people.
Access to a car is preferable for this role. Or/ must be able to commute to our site within 30 minutes.
The role offers long term security and the opportunity to progress into a permanent position.
Training to be provided:
Estio apprenticeship training programmes are delivered virtually by our fully qualified and industry experienced training team. Using their expert knowledge, we’ve purposefully built our programmes around the real-world use of modern technology, so that the skills we create can be directly applied in the workplace.
Throughout the apprenticeship learners receive coaching, help and guidance from a dedicated team who are there to ensure they get the most from their work experience.
Successful completion of this apprenticeship gives you an accredited Level 3 Information Communications Technician, with training in how to:
- Efficiently operate and control your ICT infrastructure – physical or virtual hardware, software, network services and data storage.
- Use infrastructure management tools to automate the provisioning, testing, deployment and monitoring of infrastructure components.
- Prioritise systems support tasks and monitor and maintaining system performance Maintain regulatory, legal and professional standards.
- Support the information systems needs for your business.