Building Services Design Engineer Apprentice
Imagine yourself in an amazing building. Take away the lighting, heating, ventilation, lifts, escalators, plumbing, power supply, energy management systems, and the security and safety systems...all that’s left is a cold, dark, empty shell! Without building services design engineers these spaces would not be brought to life!
Duties relating to the role may include:
- Preparation of simple calculations
- General sizing calculations
- Production of manual and CAD (Computer Aided Design) drawings
- Site visits
- Site surveys
- Contributing to providing solutions to design problems
- Ensuring designs meet required standards following our Integrated Management System
- Keeping your training log up to date and attending training/CPDs where appropriate
- Supporting the administration of projects
- Commit to supporting strategic TB+A sustainability policies and our internal environmental programme objectives
This list is not exhaustive and we would expect the successful candidate to be willing to undertake other tasks as and when required.
You will attend London Southbank University 1 day per week to study for a BEng (Hons) in Building Services Engineer whilst developing your professional knowledge and experience within the workplace to become Incorporated Engineer (IEng) accredited at the end of your apprenticeship.
This is a permanent opportunity, the apprenticeship is just the start of your journey to ultimately achieve Chartered Engineer (CEng) status. This initial apprenticeship will take approximately 4.5 years to complete.