Wetherspoon opens its doors early in the morning and sometimes doesn't close them until late at night, so offering great flexibility of working hours.
You must be over 18 to serve alcohol; however, if you are younger, we may still have positions available for you - please search for kitchen or floor staff vacancies.
What's in it for you?
- We offer competitive hourly rates for all of our team members:
- a free meal and a drink, when working
- a 50% discount on food and soft drinks, when working; a 20% discount on all food, drinks and hotel accommodation (for you and up to three guests), when not working
- £1 extra per hour, for hours worked between midnight and 5.59am
- bonus scheme - earn up to 19% of your pay
- availability of guaranteed-hours contracts and variable-hours contracts -paid holiday
- free shares (after a qualifying period)
- loyalty reward scheme
At a glance, your role is to deliver excellent customer service to make hungry and thirsty customers happy!
- ensuring that all food and drinks are served to the correct specification
- always welcoming to customers - interact, say 'hello'; just as important, say 'thank you' and 'goodbye'
- building, maintaining and enhancing customer relations to enrich customers' experiences during visits
- encouraging customers' loyalty by consistent, good performance
- being aware of, and knowledgeable about, all promotions, events and new pub products
- receiving and delivering customer orders (either face to face or via the app), achieving service standards at all times
- taking pride in maintaining the highest standards of cleanliness in all areas
- responding to any customer feedback in a positive and helpful manner, seeking support if required
At J D Wetherspoon, alongside your day-to-day work, you will be working towards your Hospitality Team Member - Food and Beverage Service Level 2 Qualification over the course of 15 months. This is a blended learning experience, delivered in your pub individually by an experienced Lifetime coach. There will be a mix of face-to-face and remote (telephone/video-call) visits, whichever mix suits you best. Your apprenticeship will be tailored to your individual development needs and will deliver life-long knowledge, skills, behaviours and confidence.
To find out more about careers with J D Wetherspoons please visit https://www.jdwetherspooncareers.com/