Level 3 Information Communication Technician
Weekly Hours Worked: 8:00-17:00
About the company:
We’re specialists in helping organisations find and implement phone systems that not only handle calls but add value to organisations. Our personal approach means you'll get great service from start to finish. We’ve been doing it for more than 30 years, and it’s that level of experience that really gives our clients the edge.
Brief job description:
Estio Training have an exciting new opportunity for an Information Communications Technician with Equations Voice and Data Communications, a telecom service provider based in Ashill.
Your duties and responsibilities in this role will consist of:
- Install, support and service business customers.
- Handle telephone calls and emails from clients and create support incidents as needed.
- Carry out regular checks and processes.
- Provide 1st line support to clients – via telephone, email and remote working.
- Identify areas for improvement within support to improve service delivery to clients.
- Strive to improve communication both internally and with clients.
- Additional duties as deemed appropriate to the role and business needs.
5 GCSEs grades A*-C/9-4 or equivalent (including English Language and Maths).
- TCP/IP and networking.
- Network switching, IP addressing, routing and VLANS.
- LAN, WAN and Wi-Fi technologies.
- NAT, PAT rules, port forwarding etc.
- Microsoft 365, tenant creation, management, and security.
- Windows server and desktop support.
- GDPR and Data protection.
- Positive work ethic.
- Willingness to learn.
- Thinks outside the box.
- Strong communication skills.
The role offers a permanent role upon completion of the apprenticeship depending on performance.
Training to be provided:
Estio apprenticeship training programmes are delivered virtually by our fully qualified and industry experienced training team. Using their expert knowledge, we’ve purposefully built our programmes around the real-world use of modern technology, so that the skills we create can be directly applied in the workplace.
Throughout the apprenticeship learners receive coaching, help and guidance from a dedicated team who are there to ensure they get the most from their work experience.
Successful completion of this apprenticeship gives you an accredited Level 3 Information Communications Technician, with training in how to:
- Efficiently operate and control your ICT infrastructure – physical or virtual hardware, software, network services and data storage.
- Use infrastructure management tools to automate the provisioning, testing, deployment, and monitoring of infrastructure components.
- Prioritise systems support tasks and monitor and maintaining system performance. Maintain regulatory, legal and professional standards.
- Support the information systems needs for your business.