Level 3 Digital Support Technician
Weekly Hours Worked: Monday – Friday 9-5pm
About the company:
We are seeking a motivated and technically proficient Digital Support Technician to join our dynamic team based in our main office at Rochdale. You will be the first point of contact for the Infrastructure and Application teams, supporting over 200 users across 14 sites throughout the North of England. You will be responsible for providing 1st line technical assistance, triaging, and troubleshooting support working in partnership with Infrastructure and Application team members.
You will work towards your Level 3 Digital Support Technician Apprenticeship certification. While delivering excellent customer service and support to our end-users with ample opportunity for growth and professional development in the field of IT and Applications.
Brief job description:
Estio Training have an exciting new opportunity for a Digital Support Technician Apprentice with Routes Healthcare, a Health care company based in Rochdale.
This job description is intended to provide you with an outline of the key duties and responsibilities and the scope of your role at Routes Healthcare. The list is not exhaustive, and your duties may vary and change as you, the business, and the role as it grows and develops. If you become unclear of your responsibilities during your employment, you should raise this with your line manager or HR as soon as possible as you should use this job description as a framework and guide to your role only.
Your duties and responsibilities in this role will consist of:
- Providing 1st Line Support to our internal users regarding day-day queries that come through to the support team. Troubleshoot and resolve technical issues, ranging from basic to complex, via telephone, email, face to face and the customer support portal.
- Escalating issues where appropriate to 2nd/3rd line support.
- Manage the new starter, movers, and leavers processes, progressing them through to conclusion.
- Deliver exceptional customer service by maintaining a professional and emphatic approach while addressing user inquiries. Build and maintain positive relationships with third parties, ensuring their concerns are effectively addressed.
- Write professional documentation including but not limited to issue details, troubleshooting steps and resolution information. Create and update knowledge base articles and user guides to facilitate self-service support and promote continuous improvement.
- Conduct training sessions to educate users on various topics covering new features, best practices, and troubleshooting techniques.
- Collaborate closely with cross-functional teams to address customer needs, communicate technical issues, and contribute to the overall success of the support team.
- Stay up to date on the latest software updates, industry trends, and emerging technologies to enhance your technical knowledge and support capabilities. Actively participate in training sessions and knowledge sharing within the team.
- Understand the importance of change management, as well as the techniques and strategies to effectively support the business in planning change management activities. You will also communicate changes to stakeholders.
- Promote good security practices to our stakeholders. Carry out work with a sharp focus around protecting data in applications. Apply the fundamentals of cyber security while supporting our internal and external applications. This also includes the secure handling of data, including sensitive data so that associated risks are mitigated to prevent data loss and damage.
5 GCSEs grades A*-C/9-4 or equivalent (including English Language and Maths)
- Well organised.
- Attention to detail.
- You will need good communication skills.
- Have a positive attitude to work, with a desire to learn.
- Work well within a team.
- To always comply with the Company’s procedures regarding Conduct and Confidentiality.
- To be responsible, while at work, for ensuring that reasonable care is taken for one’s own health and safety and for the health and safety of others.
- To be responsible and take ownership for one’s continuous personal development, undertaking relevant training as and when appropriate, including appropriate Health and Safety Training.
The role offers a permanent role upon completion of the apprenticeship depending on performance.
Training to be provided:
Estio apprenticeship training programmes are delivered virtually by our fully qualified and industry experienced training team. Using their expert knowledge, we’ve purposefully built our programmes around the real-world use of modern technology, so that the skills we create can be directly applied in the workplace.
Throughout the apprenticeship learners receive coaching, help and guidance from a dedicated team who are there to ensure they get the most from their work experience.
Successful completion of this apprenticeship gives you an accredited Level 3 Digital Support Technician, with training in how to:
- Helpdesk Operations and Functions.
- Maintaining Digital Systems and Services
- Fundamentals of Digital Systems.
- Administration of Digital Systems and Services.
- Change Management.
- Teamwork and Communications.
- Introduction to System Security.
- User and Stakeholder Training.
- Working in Digital Support.
- Data Operations and Security.
- Pathways and Career Progression.