Level 3 Digital Support Technician
Weekly Hours Worked: Monday-Friday 09:00-17:00
About the company:
Compass Community comprises of three children’s services: Compass Fostering, Compass Children's Homes, and Compass Schools. Each of these is underpinned by our Therapeutic Services.
One community, one vision. We believe that our community makes a real difference to children and young people’s lives. Our aim is to provide the caring environment that children deserve, in ways that enrich the lives of everyone associated with Compass Community.
Our vision is to be the preferred children’s service provider; renowned for an optimistic & pragmatic approach, where it is believed change is possible.
To provide high quality IT support to the organisation’s users via multiple sources across all sites nationwide and to work closely with the IT Service Manager, and other IT Support Team members to ensure the smooth running of the IT Helpdesk service.
Your duties and responsibilities in this role will consist of:
- To answer phone calls, providing a first point of contact for our users.
- To assist in setting up new users on multiple systems.
- To troubleshoot and resolve 1st line support tickets, including providing remote and telephone support to end users.
- To update ticket information within our Helpdesk database.
- Assist in setting up and configuring desktops, laptops, phones, and any other associated IT equipment required by our users and arrange delivery of said equipment.
- To help maintain accurate asset records for Compass’s IT equipment.
- Assist the helpdesk with user administration tasks on Compass’s IT Systems including Active Directory, Office 365, and other third-party systems.
- To provide 1st line front-end support for Compass’s in-house databases and software systems.
- To provide 1st line remote network support.
- Other tasks as deemed necessary by the IT Service Manager, Lead IT Support Analyst and Head of Group IT.
5 GCSEs grades A*-C/9-4 or equivalent (including English Language and Maths)
- Happy requesting support from peers if necessary.
- Good communication/customer service skills.
- Have a keen interest in IT with a willingness to continually upgrade your skills and qualifications in line with the latest technologies.
- Owning inbound chat, email, and self-service requests.
- Developing core troubleshooting skills across a range of technology.
- Ability and desire to develop new skills, expand knowledge, and learn new technologies/systems.
- Demonstrate strong organisational skills.
- Exhibit time management skills.
- Work well under pressure.
- Passion for technology with a desire to learn.
- The ability to use your own initiative, be curious and to work unsupervised as required.
- Accuracy and attention to detail with an ability to work at pace.
- Enjoys working as part of a high performing team to achieve a common goal with a can-do attitude.
- A calm and professional manner with a flexible and adaptable approach to work.
- Ability to remain calm in a fast paced and stressful environment.
- Ability to prioritise workload.
- To fulfil Health & Safety responsibilities.
- To work within the provisions of the Data Protection Act, observing strict confidentiality in relation to all aspects of work undertaken.
- The post holder will be expected to undertake training and development deemed necessary for the pursuance of the post.
- The post holder will be expected to competently use electronic systems effectively.
- The post holder will be expected to ensure to comply with Equal Opportunities Policy and Procedure in all employment practices.
- The post holder will be expected to comply with the no smoking policy in place and ensure that Health and Safety is observed in the course of employment.
- Ensuring compliance with safeguarding procedures, throughout all work within the Company, keeping the manager informed of work in progress and informing the manager immediately of any child protection matter or serious complaint.
- The nature of the agency business means that tasks and responsibilities are sometimes unpredictable. Staff are therefore expected to work flexibly when the occasion arises where tasks, which are not specifically covered in the job description, need to be undertaken.
The role offers a permanent role upon completion of the apprenticeship depending on performance.
Training to be provided:
Estio apprenticeship training programmes are delivered virtually by our fully qualified and industry experienced training team. Using their expert knowledge, we’ve purposefully built our programmes around the real-world use of modern technology, so that the skills we create can be directly applied in the workplace.
Throughout the apprenticeship learners receive coaching, help and guidance from a dedicated team who are there to ensure they get the most from their work experience.
Successful completion of this apprenticeship gives you an accredited Level 3 Digital Support Technician, with training in how to:
- Helpdesk Operations and Functions.
- Maintaining Digital Systems and Services
- Fundamentals of Digital Systems.
- Administration of Digital Systems and Services.
- Change Management.
- Teamwork and Communications.
- Introduction to System Security.
- User and Stakeholder Training.
- Working in Digital Support.
- Data Operations and Security.
- Pathways and Career Progression.