What you will do in your working day
The training you will be getting
- Establishing the client's requirements and developing this into a client brief
- Working with architects, engineers, and clients to develop the design of the project
- Preparing bid documents needed to help the client select which contractor should manage the build of the project
- Administering contracts
- Producing and monitoring project programmes to ensure the project is delivered on time
- Closing out and handing over the completed project to the client so they can use the building
Our structured training programme will teach you technical and business skills to help you succeed in your career.
The project assistant apprenticeship working towards the Chartered Surveyor Level 6 which consists of work-based experience and training.What to expect at the end of your apprenticeship
Upon successful completion of the apprenticeship, you will be eligible for membership of the Royal Institute of Chartered Surveyors (RICS) within six years or the Association of Project Managers (APM). This alongside our bespoke training programme will help set you up for a successful future with Mace.
Requirements and prospects Desired skills and personal qualities
Communication skills, Attention to detail, Problem solving skills, Number skills, Analytical skills, Team working Qualifications
GCSE or equivalent in 6 subjects including Maths and English (Grade 4/C) Essential
A Level or equivalent in 3 subjects (Grade 112 UCAS Points) Essential