What you will do in your working day
In Construction Commercial Management (Quantity Surveying), you will be responsible for the commercial management of work packages, supporting package managers and reporting into the project quantity surveyors and commercial leadership. Some of your main responsibilities will include:
The training you will be getting
- Responsibility for the commercial management of subcontract packages
- Supporting the procurement of subcontract packages and materials
- Supporting the commercial team, including administering client and subcontract changes
- Analysing and feeding into the risk and opportunity reporting
- Mitigating risks and protecting packages/project margins
- Working as part of a multi-disciplinary team
Our structured training programme will teach you technical and business skills to help you succeed in your career.
The Commercial Assistant apprenticeship will work towards the Chartered Surveyor L6 which consists of work-based experience and training.What to expect at the end of your apprenticeship
We'll also support you in gaining professional membership of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS).
Requirements and prospects Desired skills and personal qualities
Problem solving skills, Team working, Initiative Qualifications
GCSE or equivalent 5 subjects including Maths and English (Grade 4/C) Essential
A Level or equivalent any subjects (Grade 96 UCAS Points) Essential