What will the apprentice be doing?
In Project Management (Consultancy), you will support projects to deliver the agreed outcomes within time, cost, and quality requirements, coordinating with all relevant parties to understand and deliver project objectives set out in the project plans. Some of your main responsibilities will include:
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Working with the project team to assist in the delivery of the project objectives in line with the Project Plan
- Monitoring and actively engaging in relevant Health, Safety and Wellbeing standards aspects of the project at all stages
- Assisting in the preparation and modifications of the project plans and keeping them updated and relevant over the course of the project(s)
- Collaborating with relevant parties / stakeholders and ensuring robust quality systems are suitably managed and monitored in line with Service Excellence
- Attending and recording relevant meetings, providing relevant parties with contextual information and analysis, including regular site walks
- Partnering with relevant stakeholders and being actively involved in risk management and mitigation treatments
- Assisting in tracking project changes and ensuring they are processed and formalised within the agreed timeframes
- Assisting in providing handover documentation prior to practical completion
- Understanding the business' priorities through Construction to Production, Digital and Data and Responsible Business
- Supporting the project and programme management team activities relating to external / third-party client appointments
- Conducting research, analysis, record-keeping and other supporting activities to ensure timely and accurate information to contribute to delivery of project management operation
- Identifying solutions to issues that are generally defined (but not always immediately evident) and require problem-solving
The Project Assistant apprenticeship will work towards the Chartered Surveyor Level 6 which consists of work-based experience and training.What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
We'll also support you in gaining professional membership of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS).
Requirements and prospects Desired skills and personal qualities
Problem solving skills, Team working, Initiative Qualifications
GCSE or equivalent 5 subjects including Maths and English (Grade 4/C) Essential
A Level or equivalent any subjects (Grade 96 UCAS Points) Essential