What will the apprentice be doing?
In Consultancy Commercial Management (Quantity Surveying), you will play a key role in supporting cost management services from contract signature and award to completion of projects. You will be supporting with advising on the issue of certificates and preparation of cost control and reporting services. Some of your main responsibilities will include:
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Assisting with preparing the contract documents, warranties, bonds and licenses and assist formal execution by the appropriate parties
- Supporting with administration of the terms of the building contract
- Assisting in measuring and providing valuations of the work carried out and adjust variations in accordance with the terms of the contract and agree with the contractor
- Supporting with cost control and reporting services during the contract
- Assisting with preparing financial reports for the client in the form and at the frequency required
- Supporting with identifying all costs associated with design changes, contract awards, construction activities and client charges
- Participates in the evaluation of claims for delay and additional costs made by the contractor and any nominated subcontractors/suppliers
- Advises on the issue of certificates of practical completion and ensure that final accounts are negotiated and agreed
- Supporting with advising on issue of certificates of making good defects and final completion in accordance with any requirements relating to completion, submissions and approvals
- Assisting with the delivery of improvements in systems and processes, driving transformational change
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- Our structured training programme will teach you technical and business skills to help you succeed in your career
- The Project Assistant apprenticeship will work towards the Chartered Surveyor Level 6 which consists of work-based experience and training
- We'll also support you in gaining professional membership of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS)
Requirements and prospects Desired skills and personal qualities
Problem solving skills, Team working, Initiative Qualifications
GCSE or equivalent 5 subjects including Maths and English (Grade 4/C) Essential
A Level or equivalent any subjects (Grade 96 UCAS Points) Essential