What will the apprentice be doing?
In Construction Management, you will assist the project team in the daily control, management and coordination of construction activities to ensure the project is delivered on time, on budget, and to the required safety, environmental and quality standards. Some of your main responsibilities will include:
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Producing and monitoring short-term programmes
- Reading programme and design drawings and administering daily progress records to ensure that site works progress
- Contributing to package, coordination, safety and site progress meetings
- Ensuring safe project working practices are adhered to for all site personnel, taking appropriate action where necessary
- Assisting Construction Managers with various elements of the build
- Establishing key relationships with the trade contractors, setting up clear lines of communication to coordinate labour and help address issues that may arise
Our structured training programme will teach you technical and business skills to help you succeed in your career.
The Commercial Assistant apprenticeship will work towards the Construction Site Supervisor L4 which consists of work-based experience and training where you'll achieve a HNC in Construction.What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
We'll also support you in gaining professional membership of the Chartered Institute of Building (CIOB).
Requirements and prospects Desired skills and personal qualities
Problem solving skills, Team working, Initiative Qualifications
GCSE or equivalent 5 subjects including Maths and English (Grade 4/C) Essential
A Level or equivalent any subjects (Grade 96 UCAS Points) Essential