Alka IT Services, based in Borrowash but soon to be moving to Spondon Derby, offers IT support services across a variety of businesses. From hosted services, cloud and hardware to telephony, they pride themselves on excellent customer service. They are now seeking an IT techy who possesses a keen interest in technology to join their business!
What will the apprentice be doing?
- 1st line support through the IT helpdesk
- Diagnosing IT issues with customers using remote access tools
- Setting up and configuring hardware
- Using administration skills to log ticket updates accordingly
- Providing exceptional customer service
- Assist in network infrastructure - setting up new domains, configurations and installs
- Migrating servers onto the cloud, with the support of the IT team
- PC repairs and fault finds
- Opportunity to offer IT support on client sites
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
The Apprentice will be studying the Network Engineer Level 4 Apprenticeship standard. Apprenticeship training will be delivered in a state-of-the-art classroom environment, from the EMA Digital Hub on Siddals Road, Derby.
Annual wage: £16,000
Working week: Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm - Total hours per week: 37.5 hours a week Expected duration: 24 Months
What are they looking for in
- Communication skills
- IT skills
- Attention to detail
- Organisation skills
- Customer care skills
- Problem solving skills
- Administrative skills
- Number skills
- Analytical skills
- Team working
- GCSES in MAths - IS E