Begin your career in accounting by joining the team at Tecserv an organisation who specialise in fire and building security! As an apprentice you will be a part of the sales ledger team based in Underwood, dealing with our customers, raising statements and renewals and completing credit checks. You will complete level 3 AAT supported by EMA.
What will the apprentice be doing?
As part of the sales ledger team you will support the functions of the sales of the business and your duties will include:
- Open all post (with exception of those items addressed to the Company Secretary)
- Distribute post including scanning & emailing all supplier invoices and statements, keeping credits applications, customer cheques & remits
- Match and input all received payments to sales ledger invoices.
- Advise service team when maintenance invoices have been paid.
- Manage any queries that may arise, both internally and directly with customers via telephone and email
- Raise sales maintenance renewal invoices and letters on a monthly basis
- Raise sales installation invoices upon receipt of completed project files from Project Managers
- Raise and issue monthly statements to all customers
- Chase customers via telephone and email for outstanding debt
- Archive monthly all paid customer invoices
- Credit check completed credit application forms
- Liaise with Accounts Manager regarding requested credit limits and typing of letters to confirm if credit account opened or not
- Update and upkeep of our vehicle fleet; from installation of trackers to all vehicles to liaising with engineers & garages
- Obtain authorisation for works to go ahead from Operations
- Book vehicles in for MOT’s and services and issue purchase orders to garages to cover all works required
- Scan historical Accounts Data to be able to store electronically.
- Provide additional admin to support to Accounts Manager as necessary
- Provide Holiday Cover for Purchase Ledger & Sales Ledger Accounts Administrators when required
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
The apprentice will be enrolled on the Level 3 Assistant Accountant Apprenticeship Standard, which includes 6 AAT exams, in addition to the Synoptic Assessment as part of the End-Point Assessment(EPA) process.
Annual wage - Between £10,296 to £20,319
Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm
Total hours per week: 37.5 hours a week
Expected duration - 15 Months
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Progression into permanent role within the business
What they are looking for...
- Communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Organisation skills
- Customer care skills
- Team working
- Confident Microsoft User
- Self motivated
- GCSE or equivalent Maths and English (Grade 4 or C) essential
If you interested in kickstarting your career – Apply Today !