An exciting opportunity has arisen for a ‘Tech savvy’ individual to join an IT Services (MSP) business based in Castle Donington Derby. The job role will consist of supporting, internal and external clients in all IT related duties, ensuring excellent customer service is delivered.
What will the apprentice be doing?
True MSP is looking for an apprentice to join their technical support team who is passionate about IT. Maybe you have built a computer or fixed one for friends and family? The key to this role is having strong communication skills and a flair for technology.
Initially you would start on the IT helpdesk, however if you wanted to become more site based as an Engineer, they will support you with this.
Day to day duties may include but not necessarily limited to:
- Responding to IT related tickets and offering client onsite support
- Setting up new PC’s/Laptops
- Setting up new users on internal systems
- Networking PC’s to printers, scanners and other hardware
- Trouble shooting and technical fault diagnostics for clients and colleagues
- Remote access to assist with the installations of both software and drivers for hardware
- Administrative tasks such as chasing server checks and printer readings
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Training will be delivered from the EMA training hub in central Derby, in block release days and upon completion of the apprenticeship, the individual will be awarded an Information Communications Technician level 3 Certificate.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
The opportunity to progress into a full-time IT support role and further development onto an IT level 4 apprenticeship upon completion of level 3.
Annual wage- £12,000, Salary up to £16,000 depending on experience Working week
Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm (Occasional on-call work)
Total hours per week: 37.5 hours a week
Expected duration - 15 Months What they are looking for...
- IT skills
- Attention to detail
- Organisation skills
- Customer care skills
- Problem solving skills
- Administrative skills
- Analytical skills
- Team working
- GCSE or equivalent Maths and English (Grade 4 or C) essential
If you interested in kickstarting your career – Apply Today !