A fantastic opportunity to become an Apprentice Chef and be apart of the friendly team at East Bridgford Garden & Home Centre.
We are looking to recruit an Apprentice Chef who is passionate about hospitality and learning new skills. The successful candidate must be enthusiastic and ready to put their skills into practice. Your primary responsibility will be to provide a professional support to the catering team and working closely with the Catering Manager to help the department to succeed.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Producing all food recipes to specification and recording any wastage/shrinkage in accordance with company guidelines.
- Cooking and baking hot food, sweets, pastries etc. when required.
- Work safely around the kitchen equipment.
- Ensuring that all food is stored to the company’s standards.
- Strictly adhering to all relevant food safety and hygiene regulations at all times.
- Assist in keeping the kitchen clean, hygienic, and tidy at all times.
- Carry out all reasonable duties as requested by management as and when required.
- Undertaking any general cleaning requirements of the kitchen and restaurant.
- Working as part of the kitchen and catering team and undertaking any other reasonable duties as and when required.
- You will gain a nationally recognised Level 2 Production Chef.
- You will receive onsite training with an award-winning training provider who will support and guide you throughout your Apprenticeship journey.
- Gain essential life skills.
- Gain confidence.
To become an apprentice, you must:
- be 16 or over
- not already be in full-time education
You can start an apprenticeship whether you’re starting your career, want a change. You can have a previous qualification like a degree and still start an apprenticeship.
As an apprentice you’ll:
- Have regular one to one sessions with a dedicated trainer either remotely or through visits to your workplace
- Learn and train for a specific job
- Get paid and receive holiday leave
- Get hands-on experience in a real job
- Study for at least 20% of your working hours
- Complete assessments during and at the end of your apprenticeship
- Be on a career path with lots of future potential
What is an apprenticeship?
An apprenticeship is a real job where you learn, gain experience and get paid. You’re an employee with a contract of employment and holiday leave. By the end of an apprenticeship, you'll have the right skills and knowledge needed for your chosen career.