QA is working with a client based in Glasgow City Centre. They represent housing association members across Scotland. Serving as a voice for affordable housing they look to connect both partners and members of the public.
The company is keen to help drive apprenticeship routes into Housing, and they are looking for someone like you to join them!
Are you looking to kickstart your career with this fantastic opportunity?
The post of Office Administration Apprentice is an exciting and varied role that contributes to the company’s success by meeting the administrative support needs of the whole organisation. This is a role that will provide an amazing starting point for the right person.
You will provide business support in line with organisational needs and priorities and will work generically, recognising differences in aptitude, experience, and preferences within the team. You will also be required and expected to operate flexibly as part of a team sharing knowledge, workload and tasks as directed by their Line Manger, the Office Manager.
- Provide a comprehensive first point of contact both face to face and via the telephone to all customers and visitors
- Answer incoming calls and directing as appropriate
- Manage all e-mail correspondence received via the enquiries inbox and direct as appropriate
- Undertake routine administration tasks, as required by the team
- To provide personal, administrative and organisation support to the Business Services team, through making bookings, managing events and dealing with mailings
- Ensure all office equipment is in good working order and supplies are ordered in a timely manner
£18,800 per annum
35 hours per week, Monday to Friday 9am - 5pm
- A good attitude and a willingness to learn transferable skills
- Good written and verbal skills
- Good standard of English, i.e. on grammar and spelling
- A passion to pursue a career within the Housing Association
- An interest in business and administration
- Are you a reliable individual, who can be trusted to work independently and part of a team?
- Do you enjoy helping others?
- Do you have a passion for administration and a good understanding of Microsoft?
- Can you conduct yourself in a professional manner?
- Are you a thorough person with a good attention to detail?
- National 5 Grade English (or equivalent)
- National 5 Grade Maths (or equivalent)
- National 5 Grade Admin or Business Management (or equivalent)
- Hybrid working upon completion of training and competency
- City centre office location, close to a variety of transport routes
- Amazing progression opportunities to excel in your role
- Monday – Friday role, no weekends!
- Rare and exciting entry opportunity into a well sought after career
A full time role on completion of the apprenticeship and the beginning of a career in the housing sector.
Throughout your apprenticeship you are supported by your skills coach and your account manager. They work with your line manager to ensure you settle in, help you develop all the skills you need to pass your assessments, and can provide one to one support.
At the end, as well as the valuable experience you have gained, you get a nationally recognised qualification.
Interested? Apply now!