PG Paper Company is a global, award-winning company, creating markets and customising solutions to enable trade for paper and packaging products across the globe. Now established as one of Scotland’s largest trading companies, we provide a holistic and integrated service through our dynamic expert teams worldwide.
They are now looking to recruit an enthusiastic and motivated administration apprentice to support our busy team. We are looking for candidates with a keen interest in working within a busy office environment learning business processes and supporting our operational teams with administration tasks.
Key tasks will include:
- Carrying out research on behalf of our operational team
- Handling the Samples Management in the Order management process
- Creating and editing documents in MS Office software
- Updating the ERP system
- Updating, organising and filing documents both hard copy and soft copy
- Assisting with general office admin duties
- Opening mail, answering the telephone and dealing with calls from clients and suppliers
- Handling & filing receipts and records to assist with expenses and audits
- Excellent communication skills, professional and articulate as many contacts do not have English as their first language
- Be self-motivated and able to work independently with minimum direction
- Able to work to tight deadlines
- Strong organisational skills with the ability to multitask
- Strong IT skills, with a good understanding of MS Office packages
£12,000 - £14,600 per annum (dependent on experience)
37.5 hours per week, Monday to Friday
Qualifications at National 4 and National 5 or above
- External training courses
- Event invites
Dependent on performance during the apprenticeship, there will be scope to offer a full-time position in a department/ function that will be best suited to their interests. We are an equal-opportunity, diverse and inclusive employer and take great pride in the training and skills development of our selected apprentices and would be keen to retain them if they showcase the same hardworking and professional ethics during the course of their apprenticeship
Throughout your apprenticeship you are supported by your skills coach and your account manager. They work with your line manager to ensure you settle in, help you develop all the skills you need to pass your assessments, and can provide one to one support.
At the end, as well as the valuable experience you have gained, you get a nationally recognised qualification.
Interested? Apply now!