The Company are a Managed IT Support Company based in Hazel Grove, Stockport, Greater Manchester. They offer businesses IT Support with their specialist knowledge of Cloud Computing and Managed IT services.
They are well respected and their accredited technical and development teams provide technical IT solutions to businesses large and small across the UK. Working with leading technology partners to provide expertise in Infrastructure, Cloud, Disaster Recovery Development, Virtualisation, Communications and much more.
They are growing year on year they are now looking to take on an Apprentice to support their growth. They are looking for enthusiastic and dedicated IT 1st Line Support Helpdesk Apprentice who will be working alongside more senior members of the team, their knowledge will be transferred to you, enabling you to quickly learn and develop new skills.
You will work in a dedicated, dynamic and busy IT Support team and as an IT Apprentice you will be the first point of contact for any request that is submitted to the Helpdesk and be responsible for 1st line Helpdesk support, Client Networks, Cloud and Web-Based Computer Systems.
- Manage requests & record details of problems on the Help Desk Support Ticket logging system
- Solve simple problems and supply customers with solutions where known
- Proactive monitoring of internal and datacentre systems
- Ensure Support Tickets are completed within agreed Service Level Agreements
- Pass more complex problems to second line support
- Work with second line personnel to learn how to diagnose and solve problems
- Build up a database of solutions and create Help documents/videos
- Feedback common or important problems to the development team
- Work with the Training and Development teams to assist with problem solving
- A passion to grow and develop in the IT Industry
- Experience using Microsoft Office 365 (Word and Excel)
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Network and Server Technology
- Experience in Hardware Trouble shooting
- Exposure to Active Directory
- Punctual, reliable, polite and professional
- Enjoys dealing with People and working as part of a Team but can also follow instructions and work independently when required
- An enthusiastic and flexible approach and a 'can do' attitude
- Dedicated with a strong desire to improve and develop your skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Good attention to detail
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent organisational skills
- 3 GCSE’s (or equivalent) at grades 4+ (A-C) in any subject
- GCSE Maths and English (or equivalents) at grades 3+ (D or above)
- Prospective apprentices must not hold an existing qualification at the same or higher level as this apprenticeship is in a similar subject
You may also have a combination of qualifications and experience which demonstrate the minimum foundation needed for the programme. In this instance you could still be considered for the programme.
If you hold international equivalents of the above qualifications, at the time of your application you must be able to provide an official document that states how your international qualifications compare to the UK qualifications.
For more information, please visit the UK ENIC website.
Monday - Friday,
8:45am - 5:30pm,
(7 hours 45 mins / per day)
Total of 37.25hrs a week.
If you are looking for quick progression, a great office environment and culture and are passionate about developing your IT career then this is the opportunity for you.
- You will gain a vast amount of knowledge, which can lead to further career opportunities
- 28 days annual leave
- Free onsite parking
- Bonus schemes
- Pay reviews
- Birthday off!
If you invest in the company and your apprenticeship, then they will invest in you and your future.
The sky's the limit for a successful apprentice to grow their career within the company on successful completion of your apprenticeship.
Their employees experience rapid career progression and many of their former IT apprentices have gone on to work as a qualified support technicians within the company with Further training offered too
Our apprenticeships are the perfect way to gain new skills, earn while you learn, and launch yourself into an exciting future. With over 30,000 successful apprenticeship graduates, we're a top 50 training provider, dedicated to helping you succeed.