Begin your career in accounting by joining the team at Tecserv an organisation who specialise in fire and building security! As an apprentice you will be a part of the purchase ledger team based in Underwood, processing financial documents such as invoices, expenses & using programmes such as Sage. You will complete level 3 AAT supported by EMA.
What will the apprentice be doing?
As part of the purchase ledger team you will support the functions of the business and your duties include:
- Receive stock against previously raised purchase orders
- Processing of purchase invoices
- Processing of staff expenses
- Processing reconciliations of all received supplier statements
- Set up of all new supplier / sub‐contractor account.
- Responsible for ensuring all necessary sub‐contractor insurance documents are in date
- Ensure payment held on all out of date sub‐contractor insurances
- Responsible for all supplier, sub‐contract and expenses payments on a monthly basis
- Responsible for updating supplier prices lists onto Sage, ensuring all purchase orders raised are at the correct prices
- Responsible for stock allocations to ensure these are posted onto the projects prior to each month end being carried out
- Responsible for invoicing of new and contract sales maintenance renewals; to ensure these areinvoiced on time
- Filing of all above paperwork and archiving on a monthly basis
- Answering of departmental telephones
- Provide support and assistance to Accounts Manager as & when required
- Any other duties that may be required to support purchase ledger function
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
The apprentice will be enrolled on the Level 3 Assistant Accountant Apprenticeship Standard, which includes 6 AAT exams, in addition to the Synoptic Assessment as part of the End-Point Assessment(EPA) process.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Progression into permanent role and further training and qualification.
Annual wage - £10,296 to £20,319 Working week
Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm.
Total hours per week: 37.5 hours a week
Expected duration - 15 Months
What they are looking for....
- Communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Organisation skills
- Administrative skills
- Team working
- Confident Microsoft User
- GCSE or equivalent Maths and English (Grade 4 or C) essential
If you interested in kickstarting your career – Apply Today !