Schuh stepped on the footwear scene in Edinburgh in 1981. We aren't just a 'shoe shop', but a destination where people can express their individuality, style and attitude for over 40 years. Be part of it.
This Management Trainee role will allow you to kick-start your retail management career together with earing a Retail Level 3 Apprenticeship qualification, with the opportunity to become a future leader.
Your comprehensive training program will develop you in all aspects of retail and people management, resulting in unrivalled promotional opportunities. We will provide you with all the tools you will need to take your next step into one of our Deputy Manager roles!
About the role/responsibilities:
- Learn to coach and develop your team to exceed every expectation
- Deliver what's ultimately the most exceptional shopping experience on the high street from start to finish
- Help recruit and train new talent
- Setting goals, achieving targets and driving KPIs
- Striving for operational excellence
- Celebrating achievements
- Promote the schuh brand through our core service values
- Gain confidence in making commercial decisions within our visual merchandising guidelines
- Adhering to company policies and guidelines
Fast paced and varied role where no two days the same, hard work is rewarded - development opportunities, investment in people with wide range of perks and benefits including our commitment to investing in our people offering various progression and development opportunities as well as the below:
- Up to 40% product discount for those amazing sneaks you want. You can also share this with your loved ones.
- 29 days holiday (including bank holidays) - flexibility to buy and sell holiday
- Your birthday off to celebrate you
- Free shoes when you join us and another pair each year
- Perk platform for hundreds of discounts
- Stream your wages as you earn them to get paid your way
- Employee assistance programme with the retail trust to support your wellbeing
- Auto-enrolled pension scheme to help you save for the future
- Relocation assistance and two flights home on us per year if you relocate outside of or into the UK/ROI
You do you, and we do shoes.
Sure, we're all about shoes and sneakers but we're also about the people wearing them.
Our vision is People. Purpose. Progress and central to this is our commitment to diversity, equality and inclusion. We welcome applications from underrepresented communities and want you to express yourself every day, no matter who you are.
To support an inclusive environment, our purpose groups - racial equality, LGBTQ+ equality, disability equality, mental wellness and sustainability - are employee led and give different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds to fuel innovation and celebrate diverse voices.