Who you’ll be working for:
Simple, cost effective IT support for everyone! The aim of Alcom is to provide a first class one stop IT support department. Our team of expert engineers each have their own specialism, ready to provide computer, workstation or server repairs and support.
We are now looking for an eager candidate to join us as an apprentice.
You will be responsible for:
- Threat hunting using our tools and apps
- Threat resolution including talking to clients and remotely connecting to clients computers
- Information gathering by subscribing, reading and understanding security blogs
- Answering security questionnaires on behalf of clients
- Product evaluation of new and alternative products to be added to our portfolio
- Basic coding/scripting to write and maintain scripts and tools
You will need the following skills:
- Good initiative
- Be able to work alone as well as part of a team
- Good customer service skills and telephone skills
- Passionate about cyber security
- Highly driven to resolve issues
- an A-Level in ICT
- OR an International Baccalaureate at Level 3 ICT
- OR an A-Level 3 apprenticeship in a similar subject
- OR a BTEC Extended Diploma in IT (180 credits)
You may also have a combination of qualifications and experience which demonstrate the minimum foundation needed for the programme. In this instance you could still be considered for the programme.
If you hold international equivalents of the above qualifications, at the time of your application you must be able to provide an official document that states how your international qualifications compare to the UK qualifications.
For more information please visit the UK ENIC website.
37.5 hours per week, 9am – 5:30pm.
What’s in it for you:
The company offers five days sick pay per holiday year, an additional one day holiday for every one year of service worked and time off in lieu.
The possibility of full-time employment.
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education. To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.
Interested? Apply now!