To actively support with all activities in the store, gaining an all-round experience of every area of the business. Whilst training and developing through work-based learning, you'll gain practical experience of working in a Plumbers Merchant, and during this programme undertake an apprenticeship programme.
- To provide practical support & assistance in all areas of the Store.
- To understand and work in the various areas of the business for the assigned allotted time, this will include warehouse, counter and other areas as required.
- To fully commit to completing the Apprenticeship within agreed timescales. This will include making available any information required for the registration process, attending all review meetings, producing project work and assignments as required by the Training and Development Officer.
- To compete all product, sales and technical training (either online or face to face) as required.
- To demonstrate an enthusiastic, flexible, and resilient attitude when dealing with both colleagues & customers.
- To provide excellent customer service, building rapport with our customers to generate repeat business and contribute to the overall sales performance.
- To work as part of a team within the Store to meet required deadlines and targets.
- Actively safeguard against theft of company goods or property by being security conscious at all times.
- Support the annual stocktake.
- Participate fully in the day to day operation of the store.
- Perform any other duties as may be deemed necessary or as may be required.
If you like a fast paced, fun environment and want to learn new skills across a variety of job roles then an apprenticeship with us is perfect for you!
The hourly wage will be £6 per hour for new starters (£220/week)
Salary progression structure: Salary will rise to £6.75 per hour after 6 months and further pay review after 12 months.
Bonus scheme: All colleagues are eligible for our annual bonus scheme.
Working hours: 40 hours per week (Under 18's). 42.5 hours per week including some Saturday mornings (Over 18)
All Customer Service (Apprentices) will undertake a 15-month Trade Supplier Level 2 apprenticeship, which will be delivered by Lifetime Training and centrally managed by the UKPS team. This Apprenticeship programme has been built around a robust development pathway, creating a talent pipeline of colleagues who will support the business.